Should I go to the hospital?

ok this july 3rd my mom and I were coming back from mexico. and it was raining. sadly there was this like huge puddle of water and made the S.U.V. slide, turn and then flip over like 5 times. it was HORRIBLE! I was scared, seeing everything happening very fast without having to close my eyes. for a moment there I felt like I died for a few seconds. but then something buzzed me away. my knees were on the front window. I was covered in blood and I messed up my face. [i had a huge bump on my right side of the face. the size of a large size potato]... we got rescued and got hospitalized. the doctors said we were ok. no tumors or nothing serious. the good thing my mom came out ok. [of course she was wearing a seat belt not like me] and since then its almost going to be a week of that horrible accident and my face is still purple. my right eye has blood inside like if I hit one of my eyes' nerve. my whole body is swollen [looks like I gained 20 lbs] which usually I'm more thinner. and I been having a non-stop horrible headache. is it normal to be looking like this? still after a week that has passed? should I go to the doctor cause the headache doesn't stop with anything and its starting to freak me out!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should go to the doctor, not because it sounds bad, but because it sounds like you're worrying about it and I think if you heard from a doctor that everything is okay then you'll feel a little better. But you were in a serious accident so recovery isn't going to be easy nor quick. You'll get a lot of effects of it after (like being swollen, purple face, etc.) just because your body sounds really bruised and its your bodys way of recovering. Tell your mom though. Taking tylenol and resting in bed might help a lot.

What Guys Said 3

• Although the bruising and swelling are expected side effects of the crash, I would recommend seeing a doctor about the headaches. It's possible that they may be indications of a more serious underlying problem.

• you were in a major accident and you suffered some decent injuries .

it will be more than a week before the bruising and swelling goes down and you'll need to take something for the pain .

give it another week or so and you should look a little better but not completely there, if it hasn't changed at all then you should consider getting checked .

sounds to me like you are fine though

• First off try and remain calm, I'm sure freakin out doesn't help the headache. Talk to your mom and tell her that you've had this headache ever since the accident happened and that it's been worry you and that you would feel better if you could go to hosptial.

What Girls Said 4

• I wonder if they did an MRI. You could be suffering from a concussion.

With head injuries, you are always told - even when you are sent home - to go back to the hospital if you suffer from certain symptoms - like double vision, headaches, slurring or vomiting. Sometimes it isn't immediately evident that your brain has suffered injuries after an accident.

I would go in ASAP.

• definitely go to the doctor. some times doctors can misdiagnose things. it could be a parasitic infection. or something you ate.

definitely go, optic nerve damage is not repairable so that's a medical emergency-i would definitely go asap

• i think that if you got bruised up, your body is going swell, it's natural. but I think you need to listen to your body, if you feel something is wrong, don't hesitate to go to the ER, you've been through some serious trauma!

• Definitely go to the hospital