Is Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch that hot?

Soo, I've been debating this out with my friend forever. She claims that anything with a hollister or abercrombie logo is automatically hotter, but I think more interesting, stylish clothes can be much hotter. Opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is all in the label and the way the product is pitched. Abercrombie, Hollister and all these other fancy brands make their money pitching there stuff as what the hip, cool and sexy people wear. If you covered up the logo of a Hollister shirt and held it up next to an identical shirt from Target, most people would not be able to tell the difference. I am with you on this one one hundred percent. In reality there are so many articles of clothing that are much more interesting than anything that Abercrombie could come up with, but the brand name hype tricks a lot of people into buying these really expensive clothes just because they have the logo on them. In reality there is no difference.

What Guys Said 2

• I've recently stopped buying my clothes from stores like those. I went to JCPenny a couple months back, and they have a much larger selection of clothes that look even better, and most of them don't have huge brand labels on them. Plus they are WAY more affordable, yet are of the same quality material. I used to only shop at places like AE or hollister, now I go other places and save money. With the money I used to spend for two shirts and a pair of jeans at AE I can now use to buy like two pairs of jeans and four shirts at JCPenny. Those expensive places have nice clothes, they are just way overpriced and EVERYONE buys there. Half the preppy kids at my college have either AE or hollister clothes on around campus.

• You win that argument, hands down. Some people enjoy Abercrombia and Hollister styles, but to say that their clothes are automatically better simply because of the brand logo is absurd. Although they pretty much set the trends for your age group (let's not pretend that teenagers as a group make their own decisions - that's what advertisers are for :p), they don't necessarily dictate what's stylish. If you prefer to head towards a more stylish look, it will definitely be able to be a hot look. That's what tends to happen around the younger twenty-somethings, a trend towards classiness as attractiveness. You'd just be ahead of the game, which is commendable I think.

What Girls Said 5

• no , personally I don't think it's all that hot.

it depends on how you colour coordinate things

i tend to shop everywhere.

i hunt for items I see in glamour or other fashion magazines, instead of paying 300$ for something, I'll pay like 15$ or something

i like to go to different stores to put an outfit together

i think being able to match what you're wearing with accessories or whatever is important.

idk, I don't find it all that hot.

• I think its all of a matter of opinion and what style you're into. A more preppy girl would go for A&F rather than shopping at Forever 21. I personally think Hollister is crappy and only has cheap material. I like A&F a lot, they have the best polos and everything smells amazing. But I'd have to go with Forever 21 being hotter.

• idk I only buy those clothes if I wan't to wear that style. I find it that those brands their clothes are much better, and after washing them they don't shrink or rip or anything. Target, or cheaper places my clothes fall apart. Aeropostale compared to my A&F sweater, when I wash them I see a difference, aeropostale I threw away a while ago, and the other still looks new. Clothes also fit better

• i don't think any of them are that great, yes it is nice to show that you got something from there, but I think the best tip is to wear something you think looks good on you. I don't wear A&F or hollister to look good, I get complimants all the time, even when I'm not wearing there clothes. but than agian I don't have enogh money to go by myself 60 dallor jeeans when I can go rip my own.

• its ok