I actually have a fashion question for you ladies. Do you prefer long dresses or short dresses?

Just as an FYI, I have absolutely no clue about fashion. I've noticed a lot of women have started wearing long dresses which is fine by me, I like them. Just wondering what you ladies think

Most Helpful Girl

• Never actually worn a dress, apart from when I was a child and to the prom.

I bought a maxi dress recently. I have yet to wear it.
    But, to answer your question - long dresses. They're more distinguished.

What Girls Said 23

• I like short dresses more. I'm short so I can't wear long dresses unless I wear heels and... just no lol

• Aren't you supposed to wear heels even if it's a short dress? Sorry if I sound like an idiot lol

• Lol I don't know. I'm saying if I don't wear heels then I'll trip and bust my butt!

• I'm short so long dresses just are for special occasions when I wear heels. I like skater dresses or kind of to the middle of my thigh because then I can just wear vans with them and I feel cute. I don't like wearing skin tight, really short dresses or skirts because they show a little too much and that's not my thing.

• I prefer long, lose dresses. I find them more comfortable and you don't have to worry about anything showing when you get out of a car or something.
    But I only really wear them in summer in winter they seem kinda odd. Ironically

• I've noticed that too. Most women won't wear dresses at all in the winter. If the do, they're shorter type ones but that doesn't make sense to me lol

• short or knee length.. it depends what dress and what season... i summer short. when its a bit older maybe knee length. But that's just me :)

• I prefer short (long ones can sometimes feel clingy) but not too short, so about knee-length I guess.

• For the most part longer, I'm not really use to having my legs exposed

• I never wear dresses except for formal events I go to. But when I do I ALWAYS wear a long dress, I'm a traditional girl and I don't like the feeling of so much exposure that comes with wearing a short dress and just makes me plain uncomfortable.

• It depends on the occasion, but I find shorter dress to be way more practical. Longer dresses just get in the way if I'm going up stairs or working on something, plus I I'm wearing a dress to begin with it's usually because it's hot out, so it seems silly to make myself even hotter by wearing a long dress.
    The long dresses are nice because you don't have to shave your legs, but at that point you may as well just wear pants.

• I think long dresses are more classy.. i mean a short dress is cute.. but it depends the occasion i guess, and how comfortable you are with flaunting a little skin. However there is a difference between short.. like a bit of thigh.. and short.. i can see her vagina.

• Longer, they're sexier and more feminine.

• I stick to short ones because I'm short and these legs are killer.

• So it's more to show off your legs, than actual fashion? As I said I don't understand fashion at all. I wear jeans and a tee everyday lol

• That's not weird at all. That means you appreciate beauty. And I had to Google what a peplum dress was cuz I had no idea! Lol. But those are cute. And I guess the ones I think are really pretty on girls are Maxi dresses? Something like that lol

• Yeah. They're long loose and flowy

• Starting to like long ones after years of wearing quite short ones. You don't need to wear anything underneath if you don't want, and it's just a more compelling, mysterious look all around. Not nearly as obvious.

• I love how a woman's body looks in a long dress. Doesn't need to be a fancy one, though those are nice too. I love seeing a girl walk in a long dress, drives me crazy lol. Does that make me a weirdo?

• Honestly I don't wear a dress very often but prefer it above the knee to about mid thigh.

• I prefer short because I am short so long ones just look silly on me.

• I prefer short, but I have come across a few long ones that I liked as well.

• short dresses, i'm too short for long ones anyway...

• Short dresses, I'm not that tall so short dresses definitely suit me better

• I prefer short. Long is too clingy.

• Short dress because I have amazing legs and long legs too :-) and I hate long dresses...

• Long dress in winter short skirt in summer

• I like short dresses

• I love short dresses esp if I was goin 2 party. but yea lots girls I knw would rather wear jeans or a long skirt goin about with what eva they doin cse they dnt feel for lots of wolf whistels and being followed by guys. But anyways its differs but altho I love short skirts I dnt wear em when I'm alone lmao

• I prefer short dresses. By short I mean just above the knee, I don't need my ass hanging out when I bend over. Long dresses can be very pretty but I have really long legs and I like to show them off, one of my best assets :) For most ladies it probably depends on what compliments her figure best. My guy did buy me a long dress and I absolutely love it, but typically I buy cocktail length. Are you trying to purchase a gift for someone?

• No but I've noticed a lot of women in my area have been wearing long dresses, like down to their ankles. I think those look real good on women. I love how their body looks as they walk in those dresses. I was just wondering what ladies prefer

What Guys Said 1

• Typically they dress for their legs. If they're leggy, they'll probably wear a short one but if they're not, they'll wear a long one. It also depends if they've shaven that day as well. They want to wear a skirt but haven't shaved, they'll put a long one on