If you are not physically attractive, how would you make yourself look better?

considering that i'm not attractive myself, i'm just curious for the people who are not so attractive before after some improvements many of your friends compliment you a lot... how would you do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Even though I'm a straight male, I don't think you're average AT ALL. As I opened this question, my female cousin (who's sitting beside me to learn software programing from me) immediately remarked 'he's cute' when she saw your pic.

Anyway, the best and most effective way to look better, would be to stop thinking that you're not attractive, irrespective of what people tell you.

• hmmm thank you... have you zoomed out my pic so you see my pic clearly? hehe thank you for your female cousin... so she is into programming what programming language did she learn? JAVA? you know it is really hard only very few people told me that i'm good looking but i don't really believe them cuz they are guys i'm didn't recieve a compliment from a female actually. maybe i will gain confidence when i get stuffed cuz i'm so skinny

• Its actually good being employed in a small company initially, because it helps you actually 'learn' on the job. The huge multi-national companies just curb your creative thinking and freedom by imposing useless 'company policies'.
      Even I have been working in a small company since the beginning of my career. Now, since I have become reasonably proficient in several technologies, I'm Planning to look for a job in a bigger company next month.
      Yeah, she is an IT graduate too, but not an engineer. I'm an engineering graduate in IT.

• ohhhh wait i'm confused with the engineering graduate in IT

What Girls Said 14

• Haha I actually did this! What I did was - I grew my hair out, changed the style (and color, a few times...), lost weight (through no fault of my own lol. I lost 20 lbs because I got sick one time), and started dressing better and wearing makeup.

Here's me when I was 18 http://i.imgur.com/YMXAvf5.jpg

And there's me this year (at 21, on the left) http://i.imgur.com/qxnn0r0.jpg

• Hair style is a big thing I think, if you get a nice cut and then style it really well then you'd look awesome. Also clothes play a big part. My guy friend recently changed almost all his clothes from nerdy button down shirts and light wash shapeless jeans, to hip flannels and black skinny jeans plus he got contacts which helped too. By looking at more "hipster" clothing you'd get a good sense of what girls like. Also muscles. Workout. A fit guy is ALWAYS more attractive. Personally for me it's the abs if you can get definition there you're golden. And just the regular hygiene and you should look like a whole new person! Hope this helps! (^○^)

• If you're a guy over 21 and want a girl your age, this clothing advice doesn't apply to you.

• Skinny isn't a bad thing, there are tons of girls that would still go for you. I know a lot of guys that even date girls that are bigger than them. Just depends. But I think your figure is the least of your worries since your already skinny.

• yeah but most of the people judge me for not being healthy i dont have sickness or anything bad inside my body it is just i'm skinny... and tall guys looked best when they are a bit buffed

• If I wasn't physically attractive, I would wear more make up.
    Get really nice hair styles.
    I would wear clothing that flatters my body type and start exercising more.

• - wear nice clothes (no need for designer brands or suits/ties, just make sure that they fit you and that they match)
    - work out
    - make sure you're clean and smell nice (clothes, body, hair, nails, teeth/mouth)
    - get a haircut that fits you, style it appropriately
    - take care of your skin

• make sure you're clean and smell nice (clothes, body, hair, nails, teeth/mouth) checked the rest are unchecked

• We live in a society that deems human beings valuable based on their physical qualities. It grosses me out. Don't worry about it! Learn to love the person you are born as and trust me it will shine through. If you see yourself as handsome or beautiful others will take notice! Confidence is the most beautiful thing because it's something we are all trying to achieve!

The internet has also increased the superficiality in our society because we judge a human being based on a snapshot. It used to be that it took around 30-40 seconds to make an impression on someone, but now with the advent of tinder, okcupid and other dating sites it takes a mere second. So meet people in real life. Personality accounts for much more than physical appearance than online

• yeah that is true, is really confidence can make an unattractive or average looking person will make him/her shine through?

• Not true, just pretend you are and you'll really start feeling confident. People will start receiving you differently. Hold your head up high, walk straight, give eye contact, smile. You'll be seen differently.

• okay thanks for the tip

• There really isn't much I've been able to do. I am thin, and I work out. I also dress nicely, and I wear make up and I style my hair but my face is still very ugly. Although I will admit that I do look better than I did when I was overweight with glasses on. However, there isn't too much I can do change my face.

• Exercise, healthy eating and plastic surgery.

Those are the only acceptable options in my book. Caking on a pile of makeup to create an illusion of pretty bone structure is beyond ridiculous to me.

• haha i dont like plastic surgery

• Who does? You're not suppose to like it. Otherwise people would be doing it for fun and not esthetics. xD

• By making your personality better

• Stop focussing on your appearance and love yourself for who you are. Make sure you wear clothes you lie and be the best version of you that you can be. If you show people how comfortable you are with yourself they'll definitely find that attractive. I myself am average looking i guess and wear clothes that aren't very typical (grunge ish) and i still get a lot of attention haha!

• Improve your mind.

• Proper hygiene, be in good shape, have a good fashion sense, confidence and good personality are a must. And there would always be someone out there who will find you good looking so yeah...

• proper hygiene is all i got from what you stated above

• shape your eyebrows

• Clothing style. Try to dress very good,
    good quality stuff that are a bit expensive (if you have thd money).

• Get a better hairstyle, dress better.

What Guys Said 7

• Hit up the gym and keep a positive attitude. That's all you'd really need.

The gym will help you gain confidence too by helping you get healthier and putting you through challenging situations and when you leave you can feel really good knowing you got through it all. Plus if you build up muscle, you can turn a whole lot of heads.

With the positive attitude, look into the psychology of mirroring behavior because it's very common. Once you realize how common it is you'll realize that if you're negative, that you're potentially spreading that to people you're interested in. This will help you realize that staying positive will easily help your chances and keep women attracted to you since you'll be the fun guy to be around while others are moping in their own sadness talking about how ugly they think they are all day.

• yeah i worked out but never gained a muscle... i'm a hard gainer... and i dont workout everyday cause i'm busy with my job by the time when i go home i'm too tired to hit the gym... i only do push ups and a bit of dumb bells in a few minutes after that i go straight to my workplace

• Work out and eat healthy to get in better shape. I think that's the thing that's holding me back a little now, but I'm working on it.

• You look average. Focus on other stuff that makes you attractive.

Get older and more awesome. That helps a lot too :)

• Nothin you can do , give up. Good looks in males is based on robust skull and masculine facial features (picture below) if you don't have this qualities you will never be attractive to women. Some women will settle for you but that's all.
    37.media.tumblr.com/.../...0fMvG1s0gyo6o1_1280.jpg

• Women don't settle for looks. Looks are secondary and often ignored by women. Even bellow average does it. Women settle for less power: social status, strenght, height, smarts, money, etc.

• @asker. You are lucky you live in Philippines.( if information on your pprofile is accurate) . Women in non western countries do not put such an emphasis on looks so do not give up just yet.

• "do not put such an emphasis on looks" i think you are very wrong dude... i'm not lucky either, there is no place where no one gives an emphasis on looks... all the places give emphasis on looks but not all people but most of them are

• Stop being so negative

• A good skincare/shaving routine, better wardrobe, improved physique through exercise, haircut that fits your face shape.

• Definitely ma hair and clothing stylez