The guy I like called me cute and I'm confused because he didn't say pretty or gorgeous?

i heard cute means you're okay looking, and the guy doesn't wanna date you...

the guy I like told me I'm cute. but he said it with a smile and looked deep in my eyes..i was happy and took it as a compliment but now I'm having second thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Cute is definitely a good thing. :) Honestly, I don't know why a lot of people think that being called cute is so horrible. When he called you cute, he not only was calling you attractive physically, but also saying that you have a good personality as well. Plus, I heard some guys think the words pretty, cute, and gorgeous all have the same meaning, so I wouldn't put too much thought into why he didn't use pretty or gorgeous instead. Don't have second thoughts, you most likely have a chance with this guy. :D

What Guys Said 3

• Well whoever told you that isn't the smartest cookie in the world. In my mind cute is better then those other labels. Beautiful/gorgeous/cute. same level to me. Don't worry about a thing. I would give it a shot.

• "Cute" is good. I would rather a girl be cute than "pretty" or "sexy" or whatever.

• How come? can you explain further =)

• I don't know, really. I just have always been drawn more to "cute" girls than "pretty" or "gorgeous" girls. I guess I feel more comfortable around them, if that makes any sense.

• I've always thought of it like this:

hot = you wanna see them naked

sexy = you wanna have sex with them

cute = you wanna snuggle up to them

What Girls Said 3

• It IS a compliment. No need to second guess :).

• Take the compliment. Any compliment is a good compliment.

• Its a good thing. Don't second guess the compliment.