Too similar to what guys wear?

Okay, I'm really into the "shirt" style. The button-down collar look. I see guys wearing these shirts all the time though.

Guys, when girls wear these is it a turnoff? I mean, does it make you think "lesbian" or "tomboy"? Anything like that? Or do you think it's kind of a sexier or cute look for girls?

I'm not anywhere near tomboy! And I love this look! Here's an example of what I'm talking about. link

Most Helpful Girl

• No way it is a turn off if a girl wears guy type clothes. However it does depend on how you wear them. Wearing a shirt like the one in your link can be very sexy when paired with black leggings, and any type of boot (mens worker boots, cowboy boots, a classic flat boot). It can also be sexy when paired with a pair of ripped or non ripped medium blue colored jeans, a slick belt, tucked in a little in the front so the belt can be shown, and once again a classic flat boot, or converse sneakers. A third way to make a men's shirt sexy is to wear it as a dress (buy one that is a little bit longer but not to bulky/roomy or big in the chest and shoulder area and pair it with black leggings and a belt around the waist, and converse or a classic boot. You can even pair a button down collared shirt with a pair of ragged or not ragged jeans, with any type of shoe (boot, converse or rainbow). Adding a funky belt or some vintage or fun jewelry will always spice up a regular collared shirt. Just don't buy them too tight. Don't pair them with tights, don't play too much with a different colored of leggings (stick to neutral tones), and don't pair it with anything to messy (leave the messy for inside your house) also try not to pair them with Uggs it sends a "one night stand" kind of look. Use your own personal style to add some flare to your outfits, and you'll rule the runway (your school hallway) :)

What Guys Said 2

• I don't like any of the ones on the link that you provided, but I generally think button down plaid shirts like that look nice on girls, at least as long as they're short-sleeved. I don't think I've ever seen a girl wear long-sleeved one, but I feel like I probably wouldn't like it.

• I think that could look both cute and hot

What Girls Said 2

• I love them. :) I think if you go for something at least kind of fitted, with tighter bottoms and nice hair and makeup, you definitely look like a girl, and not butch. And if it's colors like that it looks really cute especially. :)

• I love button down shirts. I wear them all the time.