Guys, why do the majority of guys have short hair?

I mean, why not long hair? It seems like traditional for guys to have short hair. State your reasons.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's all culture. Western culture sees short hair as more clean and business orientated. Some cultures do have guys with mostly long hair (native Indians).

What Guys Said 12

• OMG !!! you are killing me ? Until last week i had long hair for over 20 years... i thought that it would make mor

• I thought that short hair would make me more desirable... ugh

• Perhaps they believe it's impairing their manliness?
    That's probably the best explanation
    although I don't agree with this

I've kept my hair almost shoulder long for a long
    time now, and I can't see me changing it any
    time soon, or for which reason I should ^.~

• I used to have long hair... now i don't... i actually have VERY short hair...

its like asking why most girls have long hair... get what im saying? It's just most guys have short hair and most girls have long hair... nothing to it

• Some people in the professional world also have to live up to expectations of their employer and thus have short hair. Had longer hair when I was much younger.

• My hair is naturally straight as a rod. When it gets long there's absolutely no shape or volume to it, it just falls flat around my head. I much rather have it short and style it a little. Plus it's so convenient an virtually maintenance free. Since I like the outdoors, manual work and riding motorcycle, it's just much more practical.

Last (only) time I had long hair was in high school, long enough to reach the tip of my nose.

• Four reasons:

-Easier to take care of and maintain
    -Doesn't ever get in the way whilst doing sports
    -When I get in a fight no one can pull it
    -I'd look like a spanner with long hair and long hair (in my mind) is feminine

• I can't pull off long wavy hair my hair however is natrually thick and curly so there is that.

• Long hair feels bad. Too hot.

• Most guys think long hair makes you look gay.

• I have long hair so I guess its a style thing.. I have it long cause I think it suits me more

• It's practical. I know ladies like to shower for an hour doing deep conditioning and rinses. Then blow dry their hair for another hour to get it dry. Then straighten their hair. Then bush it... and on and on and on... but I've got shit to do. Even when I don't have shit to do I'd rather play video games, go mountain biking, go to the gym, go for a swim, read, or just about anything else than sit around taking care of my hair while looking in the mirror. Shit I'd rather mow the lawn...

• I take it you like long hair

What Girls Said 1

• No it's not traditional. In the old days, guys used to keep their hair long as a symbol of honor or life. But in the modern days, they cut it short. I think, for some reason, that they look more handsome the shorter their hair is. But I don't like it when they are totally bald.