Wearing speedos, your thoughts please?

I've been invited to a friend's cottage this summer. Their place is on a lake and they enjoy lots of water activities.

Do you think wearing speedos are fine? Have they become more socially acceptable?

Most Helpful Guy

• Go for it dude don't let prude Americans dictate what you wear. I wear speedos to the beach and pool just to show how insecure American men are.

What Girls Said 5

• Do whatever makes you feel comfortable and you look good in it double score!!!

• i don't like them and know a lot of people who cringe at them, but if they make you feel good rock it :)

• Just wear whatever you feel comfortable in, they should be fine :)

• lol super gay, hope this helps!

• Um... I'm surrounded by competitive swimmers. My boyfriend is a competitive swimmer, his friends are all on his swim team, my brother is a competitive swimmer, in HS I was a competitive swimmer... you get the idea. I'm totally fine with speedos. That being said, my boyfriend has a place on a lake too, and when he has his team up, they all wear trunks. I'd go with trunks.

What Guys Said 4

• Not for guys, not for guys. At least in the USA. But if you feel great in them and don't care what others might think, wear them. It's your body, your look.

• Yep, that is a European thing.

• Only if you're European.

• Other than having a penis in your mouth, you can't get much gayer.

• Your definitely insecure if you assume that your gay for wearing a speedo. 90% of the world wears speedos but Americans are prude so they find excuses to not wear them because of fear of your own insecurities.

I'm a married man and wear them not because of what they look like but because they were disigned for swimming and decrease drag in the water. They are not a fashion statement like most people think, they were designed with one purpose in mind, to increase speed in the water.