Humidity messes up hair style?

So I live in Manhattan today was the worst day ever. The weather like made my hair frizz. I don't know how I got it washed and blow dry two days ago then today frizzed up like I was Madusa. Even with flat iron it ok I want to wait till tmrw morning. But anyway I have done that Brazilian straighten because it helps especially in the summer. But does anyone have good tips?

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to live in a place that was 90-99% humidity and 90 degrees - every damn day !! I didn't even bother straightening it. The less you touch/mess with your hair in humidity the better.
    What kind of hair do you have like straight or curly? I would prob just wear it naturally. Its really not worth work all the effort to style when its just gonna go to shits when you walk out the door. All I know about the Brazilian blowout is that its kinda pricey and I would be afraid my hair would be too flat and not go back to the way it way before (im sure it would be I would worry it wouldn't). I have thick curly/wavy/frizzy hair. I put organix cocunut milk serum (its lightweight doesn't make your hair too greasy) followed by herbal essences totally twisted mousse ( which by the way smells fantastic) - it put both on while its wet. Then I either wear it down or pull it up. Also, if I pull my hair up after a few hours when I take it down it looks really good... like I spent hours curling it.
    How is your makeup holding up in the humidity?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• when your hair is damp apply a bit of argan oil and leave in conditioner to your ends. I also heard that you can take a drier sheet and run it over your hair to reduce the static/frizz.

• I use Palmer's olive oil shampoo and conditioner or Dove's hair therapy oil shampoo and conditioner. After I get out of the shower I put Tresemmé split remedy and Dove's hair therapy oil detangler in my hair and brush it. Also I never use heat on my hair. I find that my hair generally stays shiny, smooth and mostly frizz free and quite healthy looking. I live in the South where the humity is bad.