What do guys prefer: Au naturale, light makeup or full makeup?

A lot of the time, guys don't know what "natural" is, because they have probably never seen a girl without makeup in their life (even if she isn't wearing "makeup", she might still be wearing tinted moisturizer/BB cream, a natural shade of blush, clear brow gel, one coat of mascara, a lip stain etc).

Here are some pictures of girls before and after make-up. What do guys prefer?
www.buzzfeed.com/.../33-startling-photos-of-pornstars-with-and-without-their-make

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the situation. For everyday life, I like light makeup. Just basic stuff to look "fresh" and "awake."

For evening wear, I like a little more daring makeup. Smokey eyes, a little color on the lips. The one thing I don't like is bright red lipstick. I think darker reds are sexy, but bright red has always been a turnoff for me. I know it's classic, but I've never liked it.

I also like the occasional weird shade - purple lipstick, green eyeshadow, etc.

What Guys Said 14

• I have an untested hypothesis that wearing makeup actually damages your face, thus making it impossible to look presentable unless makeup remains in use, to keep you buying.

That being said, au naturale is the way to go for me. From the day I met her to present day, my wife has never used makeup and still looks beautiful as ever.

There are a couple of secrets she has used though.
    1. Stay out of the sun. Wear a wide brimmed hat if you're going to be out in the sun. The best time to get your "vitamin D" if you aren't drinking it in milk or vitamins anyway, is the last hour before sunset and you won't need sun protection at that time.

2. Drink lots of water. Thoroughly hydrate yourself.

• Au Naturale Every time! I don't even know why girls wear make up. Men don't!

• You probably don't even know what all natural looks like.

• yea you also gotta remember that those girls have makeup on 24/7. Takes a toll on skin. Well it can

girl i knew was really pretty... only make up she wore was on her eyes. Just eye make up... and it was awesome... brought out her eyes and face alot. ITs all she needed

• Natural light makeup looks the best.

• Most of the time I prefer the Au Naturale, as that will enhance a females skin a lot further in life. There are those kinds of females who don't need to wear make up and I find them to be more attractive. Then there are those who wear light make up, they too are ok in my book as long as they know how to put it on.

• Light make up.

And on your link, only about a quarter to half of those girls look busted without makeup. A lot of them look just fine without it.

• Light makeup. Look healthy. Also love black eye makeup.

• I'd say light makeup. However I'm aware that the girls I think of as wearing light makeup are probably wearing full makeup but just apply it very well so it isn't obvious.

• Light makeup

• Light make up, especially mascara I love when girls wear that

• Light or none at all.

• Naturals look intelligent, confident and cute mostly

• Make up doesn't bother me as long as you don't look fake.

• I prefer a little bit of makeup. She still has her natural features exposed and at the same time has some touch of beauty on her.

What Girls Said 3

• Haha I always like showing people this:
    earthreview.eu/.../m222485234.png

The truth is, men want to think they're seeing us as we really are. This is why they like us wearing light makeup. It looks natural, but it's neat and polished. Heavy eyeshadow and bright red lips, on the other hand, probably make him wonder what we'll look like in the morning. It's just too far from our natural look.

• They prefer light makeup, unless you're at the Jersey Shore, than full makeup and then some! xD

Those who say they like women without makeup have either had extremely good fortune of knowing only flawless women OR they can't really recognize subtle makeup on girls...

• My guy prefers no makeup. He says I look better without it, but I doubt that. They'll say anything to make you happy -- just do what you wanna do, girl! Wear what you wanna wear, and say fuck it all to those who make shitty comments about you!