What assumptions would you make if you saw a girl with bright dyed hair?

I'm thinking about dying my hair pink. I think it looks so pretty, especially light pink in that cotton-candy bubblegum shade. But I've never dyed my hair before, and I don't live in an area where rainbow hair is common, so I'm a little hesitant. I also feel like people might assume I'm more... random? than I am. I can't think of the right word, but my personality is pretty conventional and low-key and I don't really like to draw attention to myself. So if you saw a girl with a full head of pink hair, what would you assume about her?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would honestly wonder how she colored her hair that way and which color of dye she used. I wouldn't think anything bad about her. I would say maybe that she is creative and/or artistic in such a way, or she just loves the fashion aspect of it. I think it would be pretty cool. There's a girl who walks around my college campus who has her hair dyed bright neon blue - it definitley draws attention, but it looks *amazing.*

As a person who changes their hair frequently into "weird" colors, I can say that most people would probably think it looked different, yes - but in a very good way. I don't think I've ever gotten any bad complaints about mine - I get compliments by the dozen (I have the pink hair right now).

You can always try it out with a temporary hair dye to see how it looks first, something like Manic Panic. If you end up not liking it, it won't last too long like semi-permanent or permanent hair dyes would. Splat is another dye, it's more semi-permanent though, depending on the shade you get.

What Guys Said 9

• I have never minded exotic dyed hair but I have always hung out with an artistic crowd. I would thing she is very confident with her apperiance and is a very outgoing person. I would hang with you! Give it a try, you can't do it any younger! Afer all it's only hair...

• Immediately upon seeing you, I'd think you were
    a confident, funny and wild girl who dress/styles like
    she wants to, and not for others. (that's a good thing) ^.~

• I think it depends on the girl, some can pull it off and other can't. Like someone else said the "raver" might be the first thing someone thinks. Although it does seem to give a certain sexual appeal that makes me fuck her with my eyes as we walk past each other, lol. If your a skinny goth chick with piercings and tats you will pull it off but if your a cheerleader preppy girl it probably won't fit you

• I kind of like it when it's an obviously artificial color, but in a professional setting, no one would take you seriously.

• Is think she was a raver, especially if she had short hair. 'Sporadic' and 'uncontrollable' would probably cross my mind as well.

• i would think she's attention seeking. just my opinion, small minded i know but thats just what i tend to find is why a lot of people do it

• Raver. HOT HOT HOT!

• RAVE/SCENE/GIRL
    =Goddess walking amongst us mere mortals.

• She wants attention.

What Girls Said 7

• if you can't tell from my profi;e pic i dye my hair all the time if your a low key person and dont want to draw attentino i dont recomend dying your hair

• That she's going through a phase. You're young, you can pull it off! =)

-if you're pale enough that is.
    All these unnatural colors only look good on pale people.

• Cotton candy hair hahaa I wish I could do that. But it would require me frying my hair. 😒 I think it's daring I only put purple in my hair but it didn't show up because I was a Demi permanent it only tinted it. But seriously I love the pastel colors it's so pretty! Haha do it. Be different it's fun :) I used to get such dirty looks when I had my septum pierced people were legit scared of me but dying your hair is just daring :)

• I would think you're more free-spirited and don't care what other people think of you. I like the idea, but if you don't like drawing attention to yourself, good luck!!!

• I would think she's fun.

• Alternative and not afraid to be herself

• I love colored hair!
    I would do it, if it wasn't because Im afraid to do anything with my hair, because people scream at me if I touch it. I don't know why they even care?