Girl with red lipstick yes or no? and why/why not? :)?

I have large brown eyes that get complimented on but I also have a full bottom lip and a normal upper lip that I just want to stand out a bit more--I tried red lip stick once at a friend's house (she made me I swear hahah) and she said it looks really good and that people probably don't really notice it because my eyes stand out more. I am kind of scared to put it on but I want to because it's different--my lips are naturally a kind of semi-dark shade of pink so it kind of looks like I have lipstick on when I don't lol

Is it too much? I'm just planning to wear it with casual clothes like jeans and a loose grey shirt--not dressed up and barely any other makeup on my face--just red lips and some mascara.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like lipsticks and I don't like mascara because it messes up the harmony of natural skin color. But do w/e makes you happy as long as it is not out of self loathe and desperation.

What Guys Said 7

• Depends on the girl. Some girls can really pull off red lipstick more then others. Try it and see how you like it I guess.

• I've always liked the bright cherry red lips on girls.

• I prefer black lipstick.

• I careless about the color of your lipstick or how often you get complimented on the color of your eyes. This isn't sephora.

• No lipstick. Dark and or smokey eyes are sexy enough all on their own.

• Only when going out to dinner or something, No a Daily thing

• Yessss. Hot, plain and simple. The right shade of red is sexy as hell.

What Girls Said 2

• The great thing about red lipstick is that you can dress it up or dress it down. I think you should go to the MAC counter or store and ask them to find two shades of red lipstick for you. One for everyday use and another one thats edgier, for a special night out. :)

• Looks really hot. Red lipstick is always a good choice and definifely an eyecatcher.