Are scars a turn-off? (Directed towards the guys. Please girls, I only want their input.)

A few months ago I had a minor surgery to remove a cyst from one of my cheeks and am now left with a scar. Its not a huge scar, but I know its there. Supposedly people say they can't really see it unless they're really close. My question is, does seeing an attractive girl from far away, then seeing a scar on her cheek turn you off? Are you in any way bothered by it? Btw, I've been using mederma and its done its job, however the scar itself is Pink. Let me know how you'd feel about this. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for all the awesome answers guys! I really appreciate them!

Most Helpful Guy

• To be perfectly honest, small scars on a girls face are a very positive thing for attractiveness in my view. Obviously a large, unsightly scar would be a different story, but a short, thin scar that's either pink or barely noticeable with her skin tone is an attractive distinguishing mark.

What Guys Said 5

• It wouldn't bother me - it came from an important and necessary operation, and any mature guy would realize that's something you didn't have any control over.

• I have a scar across the top of my nose from jumping on a bed. It's funny how little people actually notice it and when they do, it's not a big deal. I think that if you aren't insecure about it, it can be very attractive. It's on your body and not going anywhere so you might as well own it.

• No, scars aren't really that much of a turn-off, for me, at least.

Nobody can look absolutely perfect. Small scars are just as bad as any other minor blemish, which is to say, not very bad at all.

• No. I've seen a lot of hot girls with scars on their faces.

• Tina Fey: smart, funny, hot, scar on her face.

What Girls Said 0