Is it me or do most girls wear provocative clothing for attention?

Ex. Showing cleavage or skin tight clothes that show skin

Why do girls dress like this and then complain that guys are pigs and just want them for sex? That's the impression they're giving off.

Most Helpful Girl

• All girls are different. Yeah there are some girls who dress provocatively for the sole purpose of getting male attention. They are usually insecure though. Not all of us are like that. Some of us like to keep up with fashion and look cute. Incidentally, what is fashionable is bound to show a bit of skin and probably attract the attention of guys. I don't know what you consider provocative but most of us don't want to dress like an Amish person LOL. We like to feel attractive but not just so guys can check us out. Also it depends on the environment. What I would wear to the club is different than my casual wear.

What Girls Said 2

• I'll just wear whatever I like, looks good and is clean. Lol.

Well that's just for everyday wear.

• not all women think men are pigs

and not all women think guys just want sex from them

thats only some; and those ones are insecure

women dress that way simply because it makes them feel good about themselves

hell.. I dress that way because it makes me feel good about myself

What Guys Said 3

• A temptation in business is that it is more advantageous if other people are honest while you are not. Superficially ascribing to such ideals as honesty, loyalty, and compassion, along with chastising those caught breaking such ideals results in an imposed code of morals. The result is an advertisement and persuasion to others of your own honesty while secretly acting toward your advantage.

My guess is that what you're talking about is simply an analogous application.

• I don't think lots of them dress that way to get attention from guys. I think they do it to show off to other women and just to make themselves feel attractive.

• Some women think they have a right to magically filter male attention.

They'll dress sexy to impress their date, but get offended when the other 99% of guys also check them out.

Such women are failing to understand that cause ---> effect...