Girls! Why do you mostly wear colorful clothing during the Summer?

I've noticed that people in general (but women mostly - maybe because I usually notice women's clothing more) wear brighter colors during the Summer, while Winter is completely colorless clothing and makeup wise.

Is this because of the fashion industry - putting out more colors during the Summer months, while sticking to blacks and navy colors during the Winter?

Or is it the mood you're in during that time?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a lot of it is fashion-dictated where the norm is dark, muted colors that go with the fall colors of orange, red, gold leaves and the red/green combo of Christmas.

But then, I have also noticed that people who live in Mediterranean, tropical climates tend to bright colors. Maybe it's because they have a year-round display of colors due to the flowers, the sea, etc and this somehow influences them.

Maybe along with the conscious fashion dictate, there is a subconscious factor where we respond to the colors in the environment.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• i wear bright colors in the winter and dull colors in the summer lol. i fucking hate the summer :p

but if you look at the clothing options in stores in the summer... it's definitely a color-explosion.

• True...
      I hate Summer as well, but dark colors during the summer make it even hotter... it's like hell on a whole another level. O. o

• lmfao, i know. dark colors absoooorb all of that dastardly heat! but i just don't like wearing bright clothing in general... i don't like to stand out lol. in the winter, i still wear dark clothing, but my accessories are really bright. like gloves, hats, scarves. super bright and colorful.

• I guess because darker clothes calls in for more heat in the Summer. Lighter clothing reflect the rays.

• It's both reasons.