Guys: What do you think of ear piercings?Girls: How many ear piercings do you have? Where are they and how much did each hurt?

I want to get my first cartilage piercing and I know eventually I want a few. Girls, did you get it done with a gun or needle? Any other things Im forgetting to consider?

Most Helpful Girl

• i have two piercings on each ear, both in the ear lobe where they can use a gun, they were no big deal. i want to get my cartilage pierced, but they have to do that with a needle now because a gun can hit certain nerves that can give you brain damage and it overall is just too much force and not the right kind of force for that part of the ear, it can damage the cartilage. i got my naval (belly button) pierced and it was obviously done with a needle and wasn't near as bad as i was expecting.

What Guys Said 3

• Basic, simple ear piercings are great. But those very fancy and big ones are not my style. And I prefer sticking with one on each ear. Avoid having a bunch of piercings on your ears.

• Me, very personally, I really don't like them. But my baby has one, so I guess they don't affect beauty

• I don't mind a tasteful stud/earring or so, but more than one on each ear is going too far

What Girls Said 1

• I have 2 on each ear, and another pair which have gotten closed up again. My first one was done when I was still a baby, my second one I got when I was 19. My first pair with needle, my secons pair with gun (thankfully!) It didn't hurt when they shot, but as soon as I go out into the freezing winter air, my ears hurt real bad. They also mostly hurt if I don't position them nicely on my pillow.

All my piercings are on the earlobes though, none on the cartilage. If you want on the cartilage, then I think the gun is not allowed anymore. You'd have to take the needle.