I really really want to become a much more feminine woman. Any tips for accomplishing this?

I'm not exactly graceful (I'm clumsy, walk into walls etc), sometimes I swear, I'm inappropriate, I have a bad temper, and I'm not very good at shopping for clothes.

I just want to be incredibly feminine, sweet, polite etc. As far as fashion goes, where are good places to buy suitable clothes? I'm especially looking for pretty blouses and flowy skirts.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are talking about having class honey, you are already feminine. First, stop swearing, second don't let people take you down from being a lady, if someone makes you mad dismiss them don't overreact. True exercises helps with gracefulness. Also, in the fashion world you must know what cheap, expensive, and elegant looks like. Also, for me what helped blossom my lady like ways growing up was my first job was at Sear's at 16, at 18 I got a job with Macy's and at 19 I worked at one of the most classiest Miss's store's, The Limited. Having a job at a department store teaches you and forces you to dress and act like a lady. During my stint with Macy's I would go over to the makeup counter to learn what makeup to wear, I also developed a love affair with Estee Lauder makeup and Chanel perfumes. It takes time but getting a job with a major department store helps. Watch older movie's (I was forced to growing up because my parents were older parents). A good place to shop at is Boston Proper online. Take on an older actress persona fake it until you make it.

• Oh one last tip know the importance of a gay man's perspective they rule the fashion industry Michael Kors, Versace, Karl Lagerfield the man in charge of the brand Chanel, Isaac Mizrahi, Dolce and Gabbaa are all a well known fashion designers and are all gay.

What Guys Said 5

• There are other ways to be feminine than buying into the Beauty Myth, losing weight, cosmetics, clothing, etc. Just see yourself for who you are, improve on things like health via exercise (preferably running, you will develop very nice legs if you do it consistently), and avoid coffee or alcohol if you don't want your face to get red.

Um... Yeah, don't bother with the whole gender notion too much, ideally elegance, politeness, courage, and all these virtuous traits are as much man as they are woman.

• Just go with what your profile picture did and you should look "feminine" already.
    People put too much emphasis on arbitrary things.

• p. s.: it is really hard to recommend clothing that suits you without a whole-figure picture

• That's just makeup though.. it doesn't matter if my face looks feminine, if I'm still walking around acting like a guy and wearing tomboyish clothes

• You should really just waltz into a store and have a friend accompany you and figure out what to buy

• Why would you want to change the things that you mentioned? I think they make you cute. Just turn down the swearing, it's not particularly attractive on any gender and you're done! I think you're perfect the way you are

• Stay how you are. What you just described is probably exactly what i find cute.

• Embrace your inner Jennifer Lawrence, we will love you for it.

What Girls Said 8

• This might be expensive but shop at express or express. com if you don't have a store near you. If you do go in there and ask an associate for help. I worked at express and were trained to specially give customers amazing customer service and find you exactly what your looking for. Plus they have some really great quality clothing. It's expensive but so worth the price oh and amazing coupons and a free reward program which is totally worth it. These clothes are versatile they sell anything from casual to business prof it's a store for fashionable young woman. Oh and amazing clearance sales. Want cheaper clothes check out h&m or forever21 if you want to go even cheaper. For clothing ideas check out Pinterest too great ideas are post there daily. That's where I get my inspiration too :)

• Being a more feminine woman means someone who embraces their own gender, accepts and loving themselves first before you get to shopping for the clothes first. You sound... tomboyish.

You can always check out sites like forever21, Asos. com, modcloth. com and aeropostale. com

• I'm the same way but I'm in between girly and a tomboy. Anyone can be feminine if they tried. If I tried to be a girly girl, that wouldn't be me at all, I wouldn't feel like I'm being myself y'know? As far as clothing just go to the mall lol, cute clothes are everywhere. Just a matter of personal preference. And by the way it's always good to fit in with guys, most like that (:

• You're pretty as you are... It's easy to find clothes, just go online.

• You're actually already very beautiful:0

What's your price range for dresses, skirts, and tops?

I can post links to some things that I think are good and you can explore from there yourself (:

• Thank you ! I don't really have a set price range as long as its not like $100 for a top lol. I'd appreciate it

• I would suggest that you take some personality quizzes and fashion quizzes that will help you see what style matches your personality. Then based off your results then you can figure out which stores are best for you. Now don't try to change your personality because you want a guy to like you for you so whatever you do don't change.

• I would say first start by incorporating things that you consider feminine into your life. Like nail polish, red lipstick, short high heels (if you don't already)

• If you are doing it for any other reason than you really wanting to, it would be wrong. But do a search for the feminine woman, and you will see some ideas. :)