Is pale skin ugly? Can I wear shorts?

So, I am just now TRYING to come to terms with my pasty white skin, at 24. No matter how hard I tried I have never been able to achieve a tan dark enough to even have the skin color of the average white person. So I have decided that instead of putting in so much effort to try and be something I am not, I will put that effort towards enhancing my natural beauty. The thing, I don't think pale is beautiful. I know I am attractive otherwise, I have long naturally medium blonde hair, blue eyes and a moderate amount of freckles. Every "beautiful" girl I see has this glowing tan. And every woman I see men gawking over is glowing. I want to be able to walk out in shorts with my glow in the dark legs and still feel hot. Jeans are just getting too hot this summer. Do guys think this is ugly? Are pale girls still hot? Are pasty white legs a turn off?

Thanks for the encouragement. Quick correction... I am really not talking about the fact that I'm just not "tan". I'm not being petty here. I'm whiter than the average white person when they think they look pale, i blend in with sand n snow

Most Helpful Girl

• There are some people who can't get a tan. But, there's nothing wrong with that, it's just they way they are.
    So, you're doing the best thing to do, which is accepting yourself.
    So, I think you should wear shorts regardless of what other people think.

What Guys Said 7

• Pale skin is sexy for me that's so hot, i hung out with crush
    she had pale (milk white skin) it was so hot i really loved her but
    she didn't love me back , i did so many things for that girl oh well

• I know plenty of attractive girls who are pale. Tan people can be ugly. I say be comfortable with what you are. I like all legs. This is just my personal opinion, but i think eye makeup looks better on pale girls than tan ones, so you can use that to your advantage.

• Pale skin are nice! They are usually portrayed as beauties dont u notice?

• I find it cute. But thats just me

• I like pale skin. It looks really good on some people honestly

• You can wear shorts. Light skin does not make you unattractive. "Pale" girls can be hot.

• It is called fair skin, not pale, and fair skin is beautiful. People get pale skin when they are sick and the color leaves the skin.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm a pale girl myself and guys and girls alike always call me beautiful. Many of my girlfriends say I have porcelain skin. Rock those shorts! Any guy who judges you because your paleness is not worth knowing.

• MH right here. It's exactly what I would say.

Ok maybe not exactly. Not the "I'm a pale girl" or "guys always call me beautiful" and "I have porcelain skin" But the rest of it is exactly what I would say. ;-)

LOL!!

• LMAO thanks ironeddie. It's the truth though! I used to hate that I'm pale and can't really tan, but I've grown to be comfortable in my own skin. Comfort-ability breeds confidence and confidence is beautiful, regardless of skin tone, color, etc.

• No but you need a TAN. Then wear the shorts.