Am I wrong to want a beautiful girlfriend?

My ex was gorgeous and I've always had great looking girlfriends. I know looks are less important than personality. I know there is beautiful girls with great personalities out there too. I just don't want to date a girl and not be fully be attracted to her. :/ help please! I don't want to feel like I've downgraded. And not in not shallow.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it isn't wrong as long as you also match those standards. Can't be an unattractive man and demand a super attractive woman. Not that you are unattractive :) My point is that you need to offer the same things for the other person. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You can be the hottest man in her eyes, it's all about how each person sees you. I get you, because yes, personality is important, but in the end, we don't fall in love with personality at first sight... physical attraction plays a big role too. After that, personality takes more over.

• Honestly I just don't want to have a girl and not be attracted to her and treat her bad because I'm not soooo into her. I think it would be unfair, see I hit the gym and stay active because I want to have a good body to offer and it makes me happy more confident, I want a girl that also cares about her self and body

What Girls Said 8

• Am I wrong to want a beautiful girlfriend?
    Not in my opinion as I don't do right/wrong unless it pertains to harming children and animals.

I find most guys want a beautiful gal which is why I laugh at the notion of a gal giving a guy a chance. Though it may be suited not to have your 'want' turn into 'entitlement' or 'deserving' as well as remain accepting that a beautiful gal may not want to downgrade to you when she can have a handsome guy.

• So then do you think the people in heterosexual couples should be of equal attractiveness? Or is it more valuable for the girl to be slightly more attractive?

• @harakiri
      I don't do should unless it pertains to harming children/animals.

In my opinion in regards to treatment I think it's more beneficial for a gal to be in a relationship where she is the more attractive partner. Going by the studies I've read males treat their partners far better and are more willing to help and please them when she is more attractive than him unlike when she is equally attractive to him or less attractive than him.

• Interesting... thanks for your input. I agree with you completely.

• As long as you don't judge females for wanting attractive partners too, you're okay. Otherwise, that would make you an hypocrite.

• It's not wrong, though it's important to keep track of what you have to offer, otherwise you're going to be very disappointed.

Also I feel like a lot of guys are blinded by good looks, way to willing to oversee other very obvious flaws and when they get burned, whine about how all women are bitches. Don't do that. I do think it's better to put personality over looks, as long as you're attracted to them, but they may not look as perfect as you'd hope

• Thats understood, and your right it goes both way like when girls go for jerks. But anyhow there is grey beutiful girls out there and again beuty is different to each individual. What is beautiful to me might not be beutiful to you.

• Nope.. :) I want a guy that I find attractive too... otherwise why bother? I mean, you need attraction to motivate you. I don't know how people can be in a relationship with someone they don't find attractive...

• Very interesting to hear a girl say it's not wrong, thank you for that opinion, I just don't want to be considered shallow !

• Most people want a attractive partner... I think those who don't are either just saying that without realizing they're implying they'd be OK with wanting a unattractive partner or they are incredibly desperate or something cause I don't know 1 single person personally who will want to date a person whom they find physically not attractive.

• Of course not.
    I mean everyone wants a boyfriend/girlfriend they're absolutely attracted to.
    This is more a guy's problem than it is girl's - girls can get attracted to someone by liking their personality (discovering someone's personality and finding out it really works with their own) while guys really REALLY focus on the looks most of all and first of all...

• You can have one if you're hot too?

• Oh coures not we all lie when we say looks dont matter because they do now you should know the inside is beautiful too so if someone with a beautiful heart but not a beautiful appears.

• No it's not wrong at all

What Guys Said 6

• You're not wrong to want a beautiful girlfriend but it's important to be realistic because most girls also want a handsome boyfriend. You have to be reasonable with your expectations. Above average girls are only 50% of the female population (Assuming beauty is a standard bell curve) and that's assuming you want her to be anywhere in the right half which, I'm guessing, you want her to be at least 1 standard deviation from the mean which leaves you with 16% of the female population. That's not factoring in the facts that they have to be single, attracted to you and in your age range.

• Ok true! But see I ask this because there is this vine famous latin dude that has this gorgeous girlfriend and his not even close to good looking, yes his funny. But hey I'm funny too And I'm very popular with everyone around me not that popularity maters, I'm a deejay I dress well I'm not bad looking at all I have game I have lots of friends, needless to say I have a lot more going on than any of the beautiful girls I've known

• Then all you have to do is embrace that fact and hope the ladies feel the same way.

• Looks are more important than personality, because looks are observable, while personality cannot always be observed. Looks are a product of health, if a girl looks beautiful, then she's taking good care of her health, at least this is what you can notice if you pay careful attention to how she appears. I guess behaviour is just a part of health, and healthy people tend to have good behaviours.

• That is true, but am I wrong to want to find a hot girlfriend? I'm in no rush here and I know I can get one cuz I have in the past. It's just that people have been telling me that I should not be so picky,

• Stick to the hot ones, but remember that what makes them beautiful is that they're healthy, and behaviour is an extension of it. You have to be picky, because you can't simply find a low-self-esteemed girl, and then train her, then shoulder her insecurities, and once she finally gets somewhere, she'll just forget you put up with her shit. But a girl with a good self-esteem might be harder to hold on to - more fun though.

• No, that isn't wrong at all.

• Nope, if personality was as genetic as looks, then it wouldn't be as big of a factor.

• Aim high, but be realistic as well.

• What does that mean?

• Go for someone you find attractive, but they don't necessarily have to be the hottest girl in the room.

• Yeah, it's wrong. Look, I could sugar coat it, but the fact is you know it's wrong, you just don't care because her looks have a higher priority to you, than doing the right thing or not being a shallow person.

• Unlike the way you put it! Makes sense, but what's actually wrong with that? Don't girls also want a good looking man?

• Meant to say I like "

• No, not always. They want a guy they can feel attracted to, but women have many sources of attraction. Physical looks are only a part of it. (An important part but not the most important for every girl.) It can skew too far in the wrong direction of course. Anna Nicole Smith, for example, didn't give a shit about looks or age. Only bank balance. So she married a hideous 90 year old billionaire.