How am I supposed to wear skirts?

I have regular legs and a long torso so whenever I try to wear things like circle skirts or skater skirts (and I belt them at my waist) the skirt goes up really really high, like if i bent over you'd see my ass. I don't know what to do, I mean if I lower where I belt it the proportions will be WAY off, and if I get a bigger size it won't fit my waist. what do i do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Try skirts end lower than your waist.
    Or go for skirts that would usually knee length or longer, so even though they will be shorter on you, they're still long enough. When a skirt comes with a belt, I always buy a size bigger, because fashion these days is just really short

• thanks! most of your tips are really good, i guess if i get a bigger size i can try to take in the waist myself

What Guys Said 5

• I hope you figure out a way, skirts are so feminine, I don't like how so many girls wear shorts nowadays.

• I don't care for girls who wear skirts personally.

• whats wrong with skirts?

• does black really go with your girly personality?

• yeah it does, i'm a bit of a cluster f*ck lol. I like things like one direction, neon trees and little mix but then I like bands like placebo, nirvana, and radiohead. I'm like 40% fashionable girly girl 60% rocker tomboy. I like to mix the two together and add a little witchy/gypsy feel into it. It sounds odd but it works really well

• Skirts make a sheila more feminine !! Perhaps long ones that are narrower so they are not likely to twirl up? Hope that helps !! But seeing up a ladies dress or skirt really brightens my day. I don't go out of my way to perve.

• first, do you love showing off your legs in a mini skirt? and would you wear a skirt that would show off your ass when ever you bend down?

• no, i don't care much for my legs, not enough to "show them off". I don't get your questions, I have work skirts that are short but I didn't realize it at the time, and haven't worn them since. The issue is that I feel most comfortable in skirts yet I can't wear any without looking like a slut

• well I'm a 22 y/o college student so I'm not wearing business pencil skirts any time soon. And "cute skirts" doesn't help at all there are only so many skirt options and most still are too short in the back

• well then you sound like you have a problem if thats the case.

• The best way to wear skirts is without panties, thanks girls

What Girls Said 3

• First off never bend over in a shirt. To reach something you dropped you bend your knees not at your waist and that way no one can see up your skirt.
    Try pencil skirts, they're longer so they'll give more coverage while looking proportional.

• lol yeah i know that rule and i usually follow it but sometimes I'm just not thinking, but in general there are a lot of situations where my skirt can become a problem. I don't know how to feel about pencil skirts, they always seem "dressed up" or "club wear" to me, thats why I'm a fan of skater skirts b/c they're carefree and girly

• Then wear different skirts and/or follow the rule. Sometimes you can't have it all, so either wear different skirts or accept the fact that those skirts will look short on you.

• I already follow the rule so you can stop bringing it up. I'll just take the others advice, they had good tips.

• Try wearing shorts under your skirt or wear longer skirts to not expose too much. Also you should squat down instead of bend over when you wear a skirt.

• You could wear leggings, a skirt, over sized sweater, and boots.

• it's July

• I don't see much of a point of wearing a skirt if there are leggings under it (also i'd be burning up) I just like wearing skirts and a t shirt. Also wearing leggings doesn't help that my skirt is still short

• Maybe you shouldn't wear it then.