What is the difference between the two programs?

I am looking at two diff programs. One is cosmetology and one hair styling program. Cosmetology teaches u about hair, makeup and nails which is what i want to do. But i see that the hair program has courses on nails and makeup. Does the hair program qualify u to work with makeup and nails? Its the hair program at marvel

Most Helpful Guy

• I am from Ontario Canada. Hair styling would only get you a minimum wage job working for tips at a general hair salon. Cosmetology would get you a slighter higher than minimum wage job usually at a drug store. Both would have little chance for any career advancement or any real money.

• I am a kindergarten teacher. This is just a passion that I would like to do part time. So even though the hair styling program offers courses on makeup and nails, it doesn't make it a cosmetology program? isn't cosmetology the practice for hair nails and makeup?

• Yes, sorry, Cosmetology is basically the study the makes someone an expert in the area of makeup, skin and beauty products. This also included hair styling, colouring, nails and skin tones.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0