Ladies: Might these be a bit too old fashion?

What would girls typically think of a guy wearing the following;
Suit & tie, Top hat, Cape, Cane

Also, what might you have him add/remove before dating him?

• Sexy
  • Cute
  • Weird
  • Silly

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely not a top hat, cane/cape. It's not old fashion, it seems more outdated so it would come of as weird. Of course if you were dressing up for a costume party, etc. it'd be a great outfit.

Stick with slacks and a shirt - it's kinda formal, but if it looks good on you, work it! To make your outfit more casual, unbutton the top 2 buttons and roll up your sleeves, you could also switch out of your work/formal shoes into loafers like:
    static2.shop.indiatimes.com/.../...men-loafers.jpg

You can't go wrong with a pair of Chino pants, becasue you can dress up or down with them. It's a must have for your closet. Here's an example:
    www.taylortailor.com/.../khaki_chinos_fit.jpg
    ^ the guy looks super hot and stylish. His outfit is effortless yet draws attention :)

Most Helpful Guy

• A top hat isn't worn with a business suit, nor is a cape.

A top hat, cape and cane would be work with evening dress, in theory, if one had somewhere formal enough to call for it. Note that evening dress is worn in the evening.

If you are going somewhere exceptionally formal in the daytime, you'd wear a morning suit, even if its in the afternoon. A top hat would be worn with that, were one outside. If you manage to swing yourself an invitation to the royal enclosure at ascot, for example, such dress is -required-.
    www.gentlemansgazette.com/.../...nches-421x600.jpg

Your cape and top hat in the evening would probably look odd even with a tuxedo. With white tie, it would be appropriate.

I'm hoping you recognize that the hat, cape and cane are outerwear, and come off when you go inside.

Slapping these things together when not called for, or with the wrong things, or even wearing a suit where a suit isn't appropriate, is wearing a costume, not dressing in a formal way. You can express yourself however you want, but if you're playing costume, you can't be surprised when people -view- it as dressing in a costume.

What Girls Said 13

• Honestly, some guys can pull off quirky in a charming way. Johnny Depp being a perfect example. But it takes attitude, self confidence and good tailoring:)

• May be old fashioned, but the 50's were the eara of style - from the 20's to the early 70's - style man, style. =)

It's sexy. ^-^

• Not into top hats... but a suit and tie with a cape? OMG. Phantom of the Opera status. lol Love it.

• Haha, I think it's kind of silly, which I hate to admit, because I usually love old fashioned things (I would love to wear hoopskirts)! In your hypothetical situation, I would have him remove the cape and cane before dating him. Well, maybe the top hat, too.

• i mean suit and tie is sexy but hat and cane is just pushing it to become weird.

• Poser. Suit and tie is ok. Hat and cane? GTFO.

• Sure, why not :) a suit and tie is ALWAYS sexy! I think you should dress however you want to despite what other people say. And who knows, maybe you'll start a trend. Lol!

• cape and cane... lets get rid of that, or add a monocle and wear it for halloween... monopoly man

• it depends, is that your day to day attire? I don't think I could date a guy who dressed like that all the time, but for a special occasion, why not... maybe not the cape though...

• Some guys can pull it off, so by all means, do your thing!

• I think it would be sexy but probably without the top hat and cane. That would be a little over the top in this eara.^-^

• Weird AND sexy. :)

• Monopoly Man!

What Guys Said 0