What's your views on men with tattoos?

I'm thinking about getting tattoos. I might get one of a cross on my back. I also might get one that says "SHOALS" on my upper back across my shoulders. Then, I might get a scorpion on the left side of my chest. I don't think I'll ever get a tattoo that I couldn't cover up with a short sleeve shirt.

So, what do you think of tattoos? Turn-on, turn-off? Suggestions on a design?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think more or less of a guy if he does or doesn't have a tattoo but I do tell you when i'm mad at the guy in with he starts walking around his house with a tee shirt and his arm tattoos show all I have to say is DAAAMMMNNNN

What Girls Said 22

• I'm generally neutral to tattoos, unless they're literally stupid or ugly (as in, the tattoo artist did a shitty job). I have a tattoo myself, got it when I turned 18. I thought about it for a year before getting it. So all I can say is, think about your tattoos long and hard. You don't want to end up getting a tattoo that you think is "meh", like you need to actually love the shit out of it before you get it. Otherwise, you're more likely to grow bored of it.

• Personally, there's nothing hotter than sleeve tattoos! The only place where I wouldn't find tattoos attractive is the face but besides that, every inch of your body is acceptable. But then again, it has to hold meaning so you have many stories to tell while showcasing them.

• I like tattoos, I just don't like them on the neck or the face, other than that its cool. Long as it has a meaning to you and you won't regret or change your mind when you get it then its great. I myself want tattoos. media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...81830faad2a9.jpg

• Well.. It depends (what kind of tattoos where and on who). There's a big chance you will look more attractive. Only do it if you really want to ofcourse, tattoos are a pretty big commitment.

• I really like them. I like those areas you said though, not where you can't cover them. But yes. Go for it

• i hate tattoos, it's a turn-off for me unless the tattoo is tiny. i just can't appreciate it. it gives me the impression that the guy will do no good, trying hard to be cool and it looks dirty to me tbh.

• Anything but face tattoos, and massive back tattoos are fine with me. I've said it before but- sleeves are soooo freaking hot on men.

• I like tattoos as long as they are not stupid or on their face.

• Sexy as heck as long as they're tasteful. I consider myself to be alternative however

• Love them! Especially a big chest piece.

• I love love love a guy with tattoo's! Mostly when they're on the arms and back though. :)

• I fucking love tribal tattoos and sleeves, like the ones the rock has! It's a massive turn on! Especially when it connects their arm to their peck just... Ggggrrrrr YUM!

• I don't like tattoo. I don't find a purpose of having a tattoo and I don't find it sexy or cool :/ no offence... just my personal preference.

• Tattoos are nice in men not to big or many of them. A few is find i like them.

• i love tats on guys, but yeah definitely no facial tats theyre a major turn off. think benji madden.

• They are fucking hot, big turn on

• I Love everything about tattoos on guys!! As long as you stay away from the face area ^-^

• Some people don't think that tattoos are hot, but for me I think tattoos are SEEEXXYY big turn on :)

• One or two tasteful ones are okay... but tats all over no thanks.

• Love them! Well, the good ones, not those stupid "Life you're live" or "No one now my true colars" unintelligent, grammar and spelling fails all over. Or all those "I got a skuuull, and a guuun, and canon baaalls, all those dangerous things, because Im kinda scared of them... Now I look tough!" Thats just embarrassing.

• Turn-on, depending on where it's at, what the design is, and such. I don't like face tattoos though. I usually prefer them on a guy's arm.

• It's a completely turn-off for me. Tattoos remind me of bad things. I can't stand men with tattoos.

What Guys Said 4

• why not just buy a sport bike instead?:P

• Just have a tattoo that suits your personality... not a random one. ;-)

• I think tattoos are great, and they add to certain personalities a unique persona. Especially when each tattoo has a meaning.

• Well, I think all those have some sort of meaning behind them. The "SHOALS" is the area where I grew up. The scorpion is because like the story of the scorpion and the frog.

• So, here's the thing with tats. Some people love em, some people hate em. But the thing about not having tats, is that noone will think less of you for not having a tattoo.

Thus, you appeal to a larger audience when you don't have tattoos.

And right now, almost 18, you haven't developed yourself as a person enough to be able to easily overcome how some people view tats.
    My advice would be to wait a few years. Work on getting ripped instead.

But if you're getting them, start with one, and wait as long as possible before getting the next one. Its an addiction, you will want more haha :)

Relationship wise, I think a lot of girls dig em. Gives you a tough look.