Why do girls like thick and large sunglasses?

Please bare in mind that I'm old fashion and I simply just don't understand the concept of having sun glasses that are almost half the size of your head. It's just a question I've been meaning to ask for some time. My guess is that I think it's trendy. Feel free to place your input.

Most Helpful Girl

• i can't wear fat sunglasses

i usually opt for those that are small and frame my face well.

i like ones with little rhinestones on them which I do have a pair like with fake rhinesteones and they're small :-)

What Girls Said 14

• Well I don't wear Paris Hilton sized sunglasses but I like bigger sunglasses versus smaller ones because they block out all the sun. With smaller ones you still get sun from the sides or top and bottom, but I like the ones that are a litte biggers so it covers those angles too.

• I don't like them at all. Have you ever seen a girl after she was out in the sun while wearing those? Some of the worst cases of raccoon eye I've ever seen...

But they give you more coverage from the sun, and they are in fact in style.

• I don't like those sunglasses at all, really. Lols. To me, whenever I see people wear them, I think they look a bit like insects. But I just think that it's a matter of tastes and trends. Every decade has at least one embarrassing or strange fashion trend, and the people who used to follow it eventually look back and say "what was I thinking when I wore that?".

• Yeah its just what's in style right now, they'll go out soon enough.

• They're in style at the moment, and if you think about it they do offer more sun protection than smaller sunglasses, hah.

• because we figure that if Twiggy could pull them off, then so can we...if only that were the truth.

• Just kind of retro and trendy. It looks cute now; it will probably look stupid a few years from now.

Just curious, is the reason you dislike them that you can't always tell if a girl is cute or not. My boyfriend claims that.

• LMAO, now that you mention it, it is kinda hard not seeing a girls eyes. But my main reason is because sometimes they are absurdly big, and it does seem every girl is wearing them.

• Yeah, fashion-wise we tend to flock to similar things. Which I guess sucks for a guy who doesn't like whatever the hot thing is. Wait a little while. Either the trend will pass or you will get used to it.

• I don't know.. I just really like them.

I'm really sensitive to light so bigger and darker sunglasses are better for me.

• bc they are sexy, stylish and look expensive oh and in style!

• They cover more of my face when I rob banks :)

• Because they look hot!

• They are cute. I'm kind of out of that now, it's still cute but I'm more into wayfarers

• Because they are told to like them.

• I don't like sunglasses like that.

What Guys Said 7

• I go to SDSU and the bug eye glasses have infested every girl attending that school.

They look so terrible.

• well what I've noticed is that some

girls look good in those glasses, but

when they take them off its like, ah put

those back on.

• i agree with your question. it seems retarded to me and a lot of them are so big they hide half her face which is totally retarded. it makes them look like little kids.

• This isn't the whole picture, but essentially large sunglasses draw attention to the mouth, take notice of my lips.

And if a guy is paying attention to her well enough and knows the brands of sunglasses, there's the versace' girl - high class, knows her fashion,

the doir girl - modern, flashy, creavtive,

the prada girl - serious, knows her fashion.

And the gucci girl - the girl who has everything.

• Wow... that's more "homework" for the guys eh.

• I am a highend jeweler/consultant. Women are my work. I take and make their stuff to wear on their body. I am their best friend. They confide in me, and their money. (what will look best)

I learn and they are wonderful, all of them.

• Sorry about the one who disagrees, but its true in part. I said it wasn't the whole picture.

• They think they look cute, I guess. They're fashionable. Nothing more than that.

I think they're rather silly-looking, honestly.

• I think it has become popular in my area and in America in general. But why thick and large? I think it would have to be because the movie stars and famous celebs. wear them. I personally always thought of them odd a bit. I can see why you are asking and what to read other women answers =)

• It's because they look like Ray Charles... and everyone likes Ray Charles. :D