Why are thong wearing men gay?

It may be a joke, but I watched the honest trailer of 300 and the narrator lists a bunch of homoerotic undertones.

One of them is men wearing thongs. Why is that gay?

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of people see wearing thongs as a feminine trait, and a lot of people associate gay males with a higher level of femininity.

In reality, a man who wears a "thong" is no more gay than anyone else. I mean, me personally, I'd NEVER wear one (seems uncomfortable and it's just not ME at all), but I couldn't care less if other dudes wanted to go for it. The ladies, however, might not love it.

What Girls Said 6

• I wear gay men and I'm not a thong.

• like kheser said, it's what gay men wear to attract men to their assets.

• It's no more gay than women wearing them. It is all about what a person is comfortable in.

• I don't want my man wearing thongs
    Thongs are for girls

• It's not gay, it's just not an attractive look

• It's a thong, on a man, it's really not hard to figure why. But why is being called gay a bad thing? Everybody is a little gay. :)

What Guys Said 5

• It's not that wearing a thong causes you to be gay. It's that being gay might cause you to wear a thong in order to attract men who are interested in anally penetrating you.

Heterosexual men would likely be happy to wear uncomfortable underwear if it got us more sex too, but alas, such a look doesn't appear to exist.

• Thongs were originally designed to be worn by men, that seems to be a long - forgotten aspect of those who are offended by men wearing thongs.

From a social standpoint, it is simply not accepted, is that right? Not really, but that's the way it is for now.

• It isn't, unless theyre inserting themselves into another man whilst wearing a thong of course.

• cuz some idiot thinks it is. I agree with ya, and it doesn't make sense

• First off it is just underwear and therefor no big deal. Secondly underwear doesn't make you gay. Only having sex with the same gender does...