Modeling: I'll be taking photo shoots in bikini in PUBLIC. How can I feel less nervous?

The crazy part is that my photo shoors will be 2 blocks away from my college! I'm terrified that people who know me see me because the only appropriate setting to be in a bikini is at the beach. We are going to be by the water... so not really outside the setting. I'm still nervous. People will be around... mostly men... And. i know people will be recording or taking photos

Most Helpful Guy

• If you seriously have a career as a model, you'll get over this quickly.

I used to work as a video producer, and often worked with models and actresses. Models were so used to being naked or nearly naked that they rarely bothered to go to a dressing room to change - they thought nothing of stripping down to panties to change, even with crew and other people around on the set. Fast wardrobe changes are often part of the job, and so that becomes normal and common.

The actresses were sometimes nearly as comfortable, while others didn't want anyone looking at them and always used the dressing room, but the models? Not a care in the world.

• No, I'm doing modeling as a mean to make extra money. Not really trying to pursue it as a career. If advertisement agency elect me to model for a company, I can earn some great cash.

Totally new to this

• The best advice I can give you is: fake it 'til you make it. Even if you don't have confidence, PRETEND that you do, and project that confidence, and you're much more likely to get the job/gig.

What Guys Said 11

• Oh really?

static.giantbomb.com/.../...7-1588198562-10717.gif

Show your GAG friends.

• Redddd :)) dude, I'm nervous but the the thrill of excitement is killing me.

What bother me the most is that people will be recording I'm sure of it ir taking pic... Smh.

• Lol I dont know. I'll thumbs u up!

• Ok thanks. Good luck hot mami. 😉

• Focus only on the people you are working with. Tell them you're nervous and a professional will maintain a constant dialogue with you to help you focus on the work and not the people in the background. Good luck I'm sure it will be a great shoot. (:

• Think "Hey, I'm a hot model and I don't care what any of you think." That's what I would do. It sounds like fun though. Try to enjoy it.

• if its for an actual modeling business don't be nervous! it's amazing to get a chance like that! just don't goof up ;)

• Yup, legit and everything.

• then you should have a blast and make the most out of it! if people film or take pics of it who cares! (just don't give them anything special, like a flash and be careful of any nip slips or anything like that depending on how the bathing suit fits on you) brag about it! it'll be a wonderful story to tell people i'm sure unless you describe it like "hey... this one time i was modeling a bathing suit... that's it" it's your time to shine as cheesy as that sounds!

• why worry? you are part of that project for a reason

• its all about how you feel about yourself. i you know you are beautifull you have any problem. most profesional will make it comfertable for you. Just be yourself and be proud of what you can do with your body. :)

• Best thing to do is expect nervousness and not fight it.

• I'm going for the kill! Just I know strangers are thing to be recording

• While people judge, you'll be laughing your way to the bank! Most people wish they were able to pull off being a model.

• I know. I feel like I'm going to ve laughing my ass off once people are staring

• You might just have to get used to it , if you're planning on doing p*rn, maybe smoke a joint before.

• Lol hell no with the p*rn. But yes modeling... Maybe yoga will help

• Just go in and do it. Confidence comes from doing it. You'll be fine

• Well to be a successful model you need confidence! You're obviously good looking if you've been chosen for a model shoot, If you've got it flaunt it. Most girls wear bikinis at beaches anyway so it's not going to make you look stupid.

• But it's not really a beach. There's just a river around there

What Girls Said 3

• oh god lol I don't know what to tell you I was nervous doing a photo shoot clothed. there were people walking by and everyone would stop to look.

Just try to ignore them. It'll really affect your photo shoot if you can't ignore them and act nervous. You will end up being more rigid.

Sorry I have no advice haha

• Lol then i have to do one with bra and panties... Friken crazy! LOL the thrill us killing me but is still nerve wracking

• lol I'm not a model I just did a few fun photo shoots but just a few things I noticed. goodluck

• Knowledgeable with photo shoots :p thanks a lot though!

• Confidence, girly! Beast that photo shoot, don't let it beast you! :D

• Haha easy to say. Then I have to shoot in some bras and panties, smh. I'm scare people recognize me. I know people are going to be staring.

• Ah hopefully everything goes well

• Good luck ^_^

• Just own it - those watching will be wishing they had the guts to do what you do. But if you want, take a shot before you begin.