Why do people in Pride Day wear revealing cloths?

What's the significance of having barely any clothes or revealing cloths on? It's not everyone but there's a lot on Pride Day

Most Helpful Guy

• What pisses me off the most is when people bring their kids to those rallies and watch those people naked or almost naked like if you wanna be gay, bi or transsexual that is find, but don't drag kids to it c'mon.

• blondfrog do you have the same problem with people taking their kids to the beach where people are mostly naked? Is it solely because they are gay that it's a problem to you?

• Not just casue of that, but because they promote sex and are showing these kids all these things like strap on toys and dildos ans such.

What Guys Said 5

• Because nothing will get you equal rights faster than wearing barely any clothing, covering yourself in beads, wearing feathered masks, being covered in glitter, and painting rainbows all over yourself.

It's only logical, after all.

i1272.photobucket.com/.../thinbg_zps61396975.jpg

• The day is all about being proud of yourself (yes I know it's about sexuality) in that sense I think some participants dress that way as an additional means of drawing attention to themselves to say even louder "I'm gay and I'm proud"

• What the he'll is pride day

• They are doing themselves a huge disservice by acting like that. The vast majority of gay and lesbian people are just like the average straight people, except that they are attracted to the same gender.

By making pride parades be primarily about sex, they are simply strengthening the mainstream view that homosexuality is just a deviant lifestyle choice.

• So they get more media attention

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe because it's a warmer day? I mean the concept of love and the body are normally two closely related topics. It could be because that is there wardrobs, that is what they chose to wear, it's the only thing "pride-y" that they have, a number of things. They could stand out with their clothes instead of acting obnoxious. If you ask/ know the person it'll probably end up being their normal wardrobe.

• because its usually hot outside marching in a parade is like really hot usually

• Straight people get weddings, a day that they can celebrate their love in anyway they want. Why are we criticizing gay/bi/les/trans/pansexual people for having a day where they can choose to celebrate their love in whatever way they want?

• Why shouldn't they? They're proud of who they are and that includes their body