Girls, is a diadem something you would consider wearing?

I notice that you still see them in the streets, but not very often.

Would it be something you would wear casually? Or for occasions only?

What I meant were rather the simple diadems that are fit for everyday use, like this one. Not the "crown-like" ones for miss-elections.
compassionateodyssey. files. wordpress. com/.../2cambodia. jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmao I actually think diadems/crowns are kind of awesome. But I'd wear it for like a masquerade type event or Halloween. Or if I was roleplaying a princess hahaha :D i wouldn't mind having a diadem laying about, I like antiquated pieces of jewelry

• Haha, the first vampire with a diadem. You'd be unique!

• Don't feel too shy, I'm not an expert flyer either. Just keep it safe. Knowing your limitations and taking them into account is so important in aviation!
      If you'd try to face 15 ft (5 m) high waves while only being used to 6 ft you could die as well.
      Same for me: if I try to fly with 1 mile of visibility or 20 mph winds I'm in trouble :-(

• :o you make a good point there lol

What Girls Said 10

• I had to google diadem to find out it was a crown, that's how much i know lol. I'd wear it but only for special occasions and if it worked with the overall look. Probably more inclined to wear a jeweled headband though, cause it's less regal.

• You confuse diadem with headband. Or at least here diadem means only that "crown-like" thing girls wear for miss contests and proms. I wear headbands when I feel like it, I like them.

• I see! Thanks for making me aware. And thanks for your answer!

• I loved them as a kid but suffered much from the resulting headaches, so unfortunately they are off-limits. I already have chronic headache issues as well as jaw pain, I don't need any more! :-)

• Oh gosh, I wasn't aware of these consequences of wearing one. Interesting to learn and... take care of your headaches and jaw pains :-)

• Do you mean a tiara? A diadem sounds like a weird type of contraception...

• No certainly not, look at this article (the text is in Dutch but look at what the girls are wearin in their hairs). That's what I mean. Apparently in English a "Diadem" is more like a crown. In Dutch it means what you see on the pics behind the link!
      www.hln.be/.../...men-zijn-helemaal-terug-in.dhtml

• that's a hair band...

• In Belgium we would only call it like that if it's textile. Like a "bandana". If it's hard substance it will be called diadem. So that's a minor difference I wasn't aware off.
      Lauren (just below your answer) actually told me the same...

• No, it looks ridiculous. I wouldn't even wear that to a wedding

• Only on dork-day.

(No, I'm not referring to my birthday, but thanks for thinking that.)

• On occasion I would like for a birthday

• people should wear it occasion only

• Haha, I actually discovered based on the answers that there's a little difference in the meaning of the word in English and Dutch. In English it's rather used when talking about a crown. Like for "miss elections".
      The type girls often wear on the streets is called "hair band" in English. Like in my question update...

• No, not my thing.

• That's a head band not a diadem

What Guys Said 0