Why do girls dye your hair an unnatural color?

I mean totally unnatural, like green or purple?

Ok if you just like how it looks, then say why, because it actually looks stupid

Most Helpful Girl

• Cuz purple is a pretty colour... and pink, and green and orange and turquoise... same reason we wear bright coloured nail varnish and make-up, we like to dress up with pretty colours.

What Girls Said 26

• "Ok if you just like how it looks, then say why, because it actually looks stupid"
    There's this thing called "having a different opinion from you". You might want to start understanding what it means.
    I haven't had green or purple hair, but I did have firetruck red hair once. I dyed it because I liked it. Like, what more is there to explain? I just liked it. Why do you dislike it? Elaborate. And don't tell me "because it looks stupid". ELABORATE. See? It's not that easy. Either you just like it or dislike it. You can't really explain why, you just do/don't.

• You're way too uptight. I think you need to get laid or something.

• What I think is very relevant to one girl who has a crush on me and chose to dye her hair from blonde to purple and now looks like an idiot.

• Shame on her for doing something she liked. Do you have a crush on her? If not, then her hair color shouldn't even matter.

• Because when we see a color we want it! we aren't bitching about guys cutting their hair and adding shapes or words to it even though it looks stupid! and don't get me started on briefs.

Do not argue with me on briefs they are forever hated in my book!

• Because we want to try out different colors on our hair, some pull it off but lots look ugly with certain colors. Best is if they go to a pro, I think some colors look really pretty but I never have done anything bolder than red and that was only the bottom half of my hair. It's a pretty fun experience for us girls not all like doing this but I give props to the girls who try out lots of colors & risk damage to their hair! :O

• I like how it looks but not only that. I've noticed that I often change my hair colour after experiencing an emotional trauma. Once that happens I need a change and my hair is the most accessible.

• I've had green , blue , pink red , metallic ginger and candy floss pink , but decided to go back to blonde , it's because we want To stand out Nd be noticed or we are part of a cult or just want to do it coz we think it looks cool , all people have different reasons

• I want more tattoos and more piercings and I want to dye my hair crazy colors.

Not because I’m immature and reckless and a rebel, but because I like the way it looks, I like the style; it’s like art for your body.

Too bad art is only considered beautiful to society when it’s on painted on paper.
    Just because you think it looks stupid doesn't mean all people do.

• How do u call yourself a Christian when you have no respect for the sanctity of your body?

• Make that allegedly ungodly things

• All you have is flawed logic and hearsay. If you have a bible verse i'd love to hear it. Also note how im the only one citing verses

• Some girls just want to be unique! They just do what they want and they dont care what people think! but i wouldn't ever dye my hair an unnatural colour :")

• having one style too long gets boring; girls usually like to change it up, like new colours. Dying hair is really fun and exciting for lots of people and it relieves stress sometimes.

• Simply because they can do it and they like it. I haven't dyed my hair. But I did get highlights. Why? Because I wanted to. There doesn't have to be some big reason behind it.

• they like it. no other reason than their enjoyment

• Well it's not only girls that do it for one. But people just like the look o fun colours, sometimes it can bring out the personality in someone, and it looks cute. I use to have "lagoon blue" ends on my hair, it's a fun thing to do for change of seasons or just to feel more positive in a way

• Blonde has got to be the ugliest! Marilyn monroe said it right: the only natural blondes are albinos!
    blondes tend to look subhuman! sarah jessica paker and the like! unlike katy perry, megan fox, mahlagha jaberi, etc
    blondes look bald from a distance! they all have that ugly lok to them too! papercut thin lips and rat features

• Katy Perry is plain and (ironically given your comment) very fair skinned. Megan fox has had plastic surgery. Mahblah jabroni I never heard of.

Kate Upton, Taylor swift, bar pali, Emma stone, Jennifer Lawrence, are all blondes. Real ugly right?

• Because we can

• Because they like how it looks? Obviously.

• To be different, would be my guess. It does catch ones eye.

• Because I just wanted :) No need any reason :)

• looks cool to then. guys do it too.

• Because it's fun and it's new

• Why not? Everyone always says stand out from the crowd!

• The nail that sticks up too far gets hammered down

• Mine isn't that unnatural right? just a ombre..

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What isn't good for you must be good for others and viceversa. Is a matter of taste.

• Cuz we like how it looks ~

• I dye my hair different colors so I don't cut it... I get bored easily and love change

• everyone dyes their hair different colors. both boys and girls. its something fun and different to do, and they like it. they like the look of it, so thats why they do it to themselves. why else would they?

• Because we like the colours.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone is the same. Not everybody likes mustard. If you think it's stupid that's your viewpoint and you shouldn't inflict your wishes on the world.

• Because it looks awesome and different?

What Guys Said 3

• Ok this question pissed me off. Not just because your asking for an opinion and then arguing with the girls instead of saying "Thanks for your opinion!" your saying "They look like star trek aliens."
    Unnatural colors are very sexy in my opinion. Not just because blonde girls with red/pink in their hair look sexy, but because they are brave enough to try to stand out when others are just trying to fit in.
    I think girls with unnatural hair colors are very confident, and brave.

• How is it sexy to make a girl look inhuman

• See what I mean? You ask for advice and then argue with it.
      Anyways not all hair dying styles look bad. A girl with fully dyed green hair would look really weird, I understand how you would get at -that- but dying your hair in certain spots can look realy great. Like lets say a blonde girl has long curly hair, and she has pinkish hair at the edges of her hair, like where it ends. That would look pretty cool. A girl with black long hair with blue mixed in slightly with it would look really cool, and a little sexy. For guys you can give yourself a blue fauxhawk and it would look epic if you didn't do your whole hair.
      In some cases dying your hair can be really cool, in other cases like fully green or yellow would be pretty weird. Another good mix is a girl with black hair with white dye running through it. That would look cool. It depends on how you use the dye.

• I actually like it sometimes.

What I don't like is dying hair to another "natural" color. It does not look natural at all, and seems to be duplicitous at that.

• I feel the opposite way. But usually natural looks best.

• I think that's because they don't do it to attract men. I like natural girls. They do it to compete with other girls.