How would you decorate your own house if you have one?

I like simple and functional things. For example if I am going to buy a couch it also has to be a guest bed.
Or I absolutely have to use the empty area under the stairs as a closet.
http://i59.tinypic.com/2qxvlgp.png
What's your opinion on decoration when it comes to create your own place?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• Simple, large windows, modern Scandinavian style furniture in light wood, painted walls. A guestroom and a room with a desk and my computer. Lots of books against the walls, copies of paintings I like
    No curtains with flowers on them.

• If I had unlimited funds, I would go Zen style decorations.

That means lots of space and plants to give a healthy atmosphere
    while still keeping that homely feel ^.~

• In my family the decorator, aka mother, handles it :) My father and I really don't care much. He works and I have better things to do.

• Rasta everywhere..... Everywhere.

• My style is Mediterranean/Spanish/Tropical/Moroccan... So basically dark warm wood, wrought iron, light walls (parchment paper sort of thing), stone, pergola trellis with grape vines, tropical gardens filled with fruiting plants, camel bone chess sets, candles, puzzle boxes, leather bound books, and on and on it goes. :)

What Girls Said 6

• I love simplicity. And I love Japanese home decoration. They are so minimalist, yet beautiful.

cdn.home-designing.com/.../light-wood-flooring.jpg

• I am an immense fan of dark cherry furniture

• minimalistic. but with a whole wall of books. or a book nook near a window. and if I had the money, a pool ;)

• I love hard wood furniture. So I want to have many tall bookshelves full of classics.
    And also a large desk where I could work.
    I know this sound kinda simple, but thats what I want :)

• I'm one of those people that can't stand having a home decorated to fit a single style-typical for an arts occupied individual. I would want my home to have a Victorian feel and look in terms of the exterior. On the inside I would want different rooms with separate themes. One that fits the exterior, one that screams 50s, one that fits my geek side, and of course another that screams I make art! Any other room would be subject to "spur of the moment" styling. :)

• I like the old antique look, so my house would be full of little antique pieces