Can a guy find a nicely dressed girl sexy even if she is dressed modestly?

By modest, I mean shorts/skirts that reach down to the knees or lower, tops that don't show cleavage, tops that aren't skin-tight or transparent, no belly tops, jeans that fit well but aren't skinny jeans...

By nice, I mean clothes that are clean, in good condition, that go well together, which are colours that suit her...

Her hair is done nicely and she is wearing a light amount of make-up that looks natural.

• Yes
  • No
  • Only if her personality is attractive
  • Depends on other factors; comment below
  • I want to see the results

Most Helpful Guy

• I, personally, am extremely attracted to girls who dress conservatively and sit up right and who allow me to behave old-fashioned without the skepticism being a gentlemen gets you nowadays. I would go so far as to say, turtlenecks, blazers and scarfs are more physically appealing to me than short shorts, undersized t-shirts and visible underwear.

Now you may think that is all inference of personality, but sex appeal is directly related to mental attraction. Ergo, if I strongly dislike dumb girls, I may lose a lot of physical attraction as soon as they speak. Or on the other hand, a girl who shows off how artsy she is, immediately dictates physical attraction from me.

But this is just me. What do I believe is the most honest answer?

If you're physically attractive (great facial construction, complexion and hair) dressing conservatively makes you 10x more attractive than sleazy clothing since it highlights the most important aspect of beauty-- your head. If you're on the uglier side, revealing clothing gives you a greater edge since it highlights your body over your face.

Visual examples.

Best ideal: media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/.../...8a863e4f41ba.jpg
    Greg Plitt, not ideal: www.bodybuilding.com/.../..._plitt_interview_b.jpg
    Greg Plitt, ideal: t0.gstatic.com/images

As you can see, Greg Plitt should just keep his shirt off at all times cause his face doesn't compete. So basically, the general strategy here is to extenuate your sexy face by dressing conservatively, or mask it's blandness by revealing your sexy parts.

• Wow that's very insightful! Thank you, that makes a lot of sense!

What Guys Said 17

• oh hell yeah. personality can turn a girl into a world of sexy! even with the wrong clothes:) there's more to sexy than just clothing.

• Wow, cool :)
      What kinds of personality do you find sexy?

• well when the girl is just always so positive and optimistic and always striving! she doesn't ever drift for too long.

• That's classy and sexy. Even sexier because she knows how to take care of herself, is comfortable with herself and carries herself with pride. That is sexy.

• This sounds close to my preference

• Yay! What would you change for it to be exactly your preference?

• I mean it can look good but I like short shorts

• Almost anything can be sexy. I can get turned on by a women with no makeup in gym shoes, relaxed jeans, and a hooded sweatshirt when they fit well. So yeah.

• Oh that makes me happy!
      Thanks :)

• Modesty is a fantastic trait in a person. I am attracted to women who dress modestly and behave modestly than those who seek attention.

• Of course. A summer dress that falls over her body just perfectly is a serious turn-on for me. Club-skank attire in inappropriate places is laughable.

• Cool! Thanks :)
      I have lots of nice summer dresses :)
      Well most of my friends wear short shorts, skinny jeans, show a bit of cleavage...

• Yes, I actually prefer girls who dress more modestly.

• At that point how pretty her face is would tell me if she was sexy or not

• Ok thanks :)
      What if her face has been described as cute/pretty? (As in those are the main compliments she gets, with cute being the more common one.) Can "cute" and "pretty" be sexy or nah?

• I think that cute or pretty are pretty much the same thing, maybe cute is better. If a girl with a cute face and dressed as described, she can be sexy.

• Awesome!
      Thanks :-)

• Yes. I know from experience. I liked her personally, but could also tell that she was beautiful and I liked looking at her.

But I have never and I mean never seen woman's shorts that go down to the knees. You could not buy them; you would have to make them. lol

• That's nice :)
      I do have some knee-length shorts that I bought a few years ago while they still existed lol. They're still in good condition.

• You don't understand it, do you?

The idea behind dressing modestly is to be NOT SEXY.

• The idea (for me, anyway) is that not lots of guys out there are lusting after the girl...
      That only the few guys who are attracted to her personality are going to be turned on by her, and therefore ask her out...

In other words, I want a guy to like me for who I am first and foremost, without the emphasis being on my body.

• Don't think about your clothing then, think about what you say to him, what you do with him, how you look at him.

• Ok thanks :)

• Definitely. A great personality and confidence goes a long way.

• For sure. I love the strict, "business" type clothing style on women. Like secretary/teacher.
    Not like dirty phantasies/roleplay x) Some friends of mine are like that, and it looks so good.

• Yep, I can even find a girl with a knee length lab coat, long pants, no make up, and big goofy goggles attractive, if she is attractive...

• Hehe so I might still be attractive even while doing my lab work at uni?

• If you're cute, I would see though it.

• I find modest women to be far more attractive than women who let it all hang out. Modesty is a sign of self-respect and confidence. Women who wear short shorts and skirts and show off crazy accounts of cleavage are just desperate for attention and self-validation.

• Wow so it actually says a lot about the person

• omfg how do you post this question? Those are the only girls I look for, the others I find unattractive

• Well the media would tell us that you have to dress immodestly for guys to like you as more than friends.

Really? That's cool

• i vote D but it connects with C

• she can make a trash bag look sexy if she's got a good body.

What Girls Said 1

• It's not about what you wear, it's how you wear it