I'm getting breast implants and don't know how I should get off work for it?

I don't want to straight up tell my employer that I'm taking off a week of work to get breast implants, and I don't really want my coworkers to know either. so what would be something I could say to ask my boss for the time off? and what's a good way to handle it when I get back to work? I work at Billy's Western Wear so sometimes I have to lift stuff, but it's rarely heavier then 15 pounds. The problem is, I'm required to dress country, and unfortunately for me, that means tight enough tops where it will be pretty obvious what I did... are there any western outfits for women that lok nice and also cover up a large rack? I haven't seen any...

any advice is appreciated! how many think I should just be honest?

• be honest with just your boss, ask her to keep it confidential!
  • be honest with your boss as well as coworkers. honesty is key
  • other... answer written below.
btw.. the only reason I'm having trouble being honest is because I'm afraid my boss won't give me the time off needed to do the surgery and then recover since the surgery is only cosmetic and it's not necessary like knee surgery (for example)

Most Helpful Guy

• You could just not get implants... and be secure in who you are

• I hate how people think when a woman wants implants it means she is insecure. I suppose painting our nails, getting our hair done, and putting on make up makes us insecure as well? how do you know it's something I don't need? my right breast could be significantly smaller then my left, or my breasts could be unproportional to my body. but you don't know that. I'm not insecure, I'm just not brain dead. think before you judge.

• Do whatever the fuck you want, I don't care... I'm just sayin' I don't think you should do this

• fair enough. thanks for your input

What Guys Said 5

• I am not sure about the laws in your state. Can you wait for your vacation time? Ask your doctor for some kind of note that you can give your emplyer that simply states you are requesting time off for surgery. You do not have to tell your employer what kind of surgery. Of course, you are right, they will know what kind once you walk in with your new assetts, but, by then, it will be too late for him to complain. Plus, he might like you better.

• just tell them your having surgery there not allowed to ask you why I don't think so don't tell them more than they need to know

• Well if you lie and get off of work and co me back with a noticeable size increase they'll put two and two together. Do Why Not Just Tell The truth.

• because its personal... and I'm afraid my boss won't allow me time off when I tell her it's cosmetic

• It may be personal, but you won't be able to hide it. If you don't think they will give you time off, say you are having a medical procedure done. Leave it at that.

• ok, thanks for your input :)

• Just say you have personal issues and family issues that need attention ASAP

• I'd be honest with everyone, they'll probably notice when you return anyway.

• I want to be honest, but I'm afraid when I tell her it's cosmetic she won't think it's serious and won't give me the time off for it.

• ok. thanks for your answer! :)

• Not a problem, hope I've helped :)

What Girls Said 7

• If you waaaaant to just tell her you need personal time for surgery and then if she asks and you're comfortable, just say it's person. Eek I don't know. Sounds like it will be awkward either way

• You could always say they were removing a mole from your breast and accidentally put in implants. One guy went in for a circumsision and they cut his penis off.

• dang. that could actually work!
      that poor guy :/

• Just tell them your having a medical procedure done that's it and just get a doctors note. They don't hve to be specific on what is going on medically it's none of their business.

• They are gonna find out when you go back to work. Don't lie.

• Just tell her the truth: You are having surgery on your chest.

• Just say I need some time off for medical reasons. I'm not sure how long you need to stay home for after that surgery but I'd add a couple days to it just in case.. Everybody reacts differently to surgery.

Once you're back it won't matter what any of them think because you've already done it. You had no obligation to specify exactly what the medical reason was. At work, say you can't lift heavy things for some time because you had surgery.

• Day you need a time for surgery don't tell what kind of surgery k9