Quick ways to get rid of a sunburn?

I took my nephew to the pool and got a sunburn.

I need the burn gone by Saturday.

Will it go away on its own by then?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on your skin type and how badly you were burnt. Oh and where on your body too. Some places clear up and heal faster than others. I was burnt on my back last month REALLY badly..so badly that it was a BRIGHT BRIGHT RED. I was actually freaking out that it may have been sun poisoning. It took about 9 days to clear up altogether. That's with it being really bad too. So...you may have a fighting chance to just barely get rid of it by then. Put lots of aloe on it. If it's bad enough to peel, take cold showers. It'll make you feel better and it'll help dry up the skin to make it peel which will help heal faster. By the way, why do you need it gone by Saturday? ;)

What Guys Said 3

• It depends on how light of a burn it is.

I was running Friday, and received very light sunburns on my shoulders, and by Sunday they were gone. The only thing I used was moisterizer.

Deeper burns are going to take longer to heal.

• I have it on my face and chest. It was on my stomach too but the burn on my stomach is gone.

• Ok, is the burn on your face and chest light?

I presume the burn on your stomach was light, so that's a good sign.

• Leave it, probably the best thing you can do is avoid hot showers if you don't like the pain, use some cream to sooth and about 1 week after the day you were out in the sun you will start peeling.

• put some aloe on it and hope for the best

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on your skin. My skin, after two days the burn turns to a tan. Unless it's super severe. If the burn is REALLY bad and hurts like hell go get this thing called "SOLARCANE" (not sure if that's the right spelling). It's in a small spray can and can be found at like Wal-Mart in the first aid and medicine isles.

If it's just a regular sunburn then get aloe vera gel and aloe vera moisturizing lotion. Mix them and put them on like three times a day for the first couple days. Once the sting of the burn goes away then just continue using the moisturizer. You'll probably still have color (like I said, it depends on your skin) until you start peeling (which is another reason to constantly put on lotion)

• leave it alone; don't touch it. unless it's so bad that it starts peeling, it should go away on it's own by saturday.

• Well it depends on how severe the burn is. What usually works for me is an aloe vera gel. Just lather it on before you go to bed. another thing is lotion. if you keep the skin moisterized then it helps to prevent peeling too :)

• Aloe vera, keep it moisturized.