What are the most long lasting nail polishes?

I'm just really annoyed because i painted my nails all pretty and their all chipped right now and i did a top coat to and it took me like over an hour to do it.. What brands are long wear? don't chip easily?

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay so I had this problem too, but I found a solution. This keeps my nail polish on for over a week without chipping! Before or after your clear base coat, with a cotton ball rub white vinegar on your nails. It allows the polish to stick and stay on longer! I swear by this now!

What Guys Said 2

• I find that the upscale nail polishes don't wear out as much. I don't know, Tom Ford? Maybe he makes that kind of stuff.

• Julep. They are probably the longest lasting ones i know without a topcoat.

What Girls Said 4

• Try getting gel nails - it is a polish type and they do it at a nail salon for 5dollars more.

If you like it, there are ways to purchase do you can do them at home. :)

• i did shellac and it chipped on me same day but not my toes. I don't know maybe i have bad luck

• ESSIE! I love Essie :) Second choice, OPI. These are expensive though. Like 8-10$ D:
    But work. Do at least 2 coats, a third coat of clear nail polish... no chips :)

• that't what i heard about essie ill check into that. opi chips for me i have that it's annoying. haha i did three coats color and then 4th coat clear i never do them dark enough haha

• :o I'm surprised about this happening with OPI... Definitely try Essie then, I haven't been disappointed yet :)

• ok i will thanks! i was surprised too cause everyone swears by it

• opi is really the best. even though it just went from 2$ to 10$.. well here it did :(((

• If u want something that doesn't cost as much and is still good I recommend the covergirl brand

• ill look into that i haven't tried that. i have sally hanson or what ever its called but such bad luck with it.