Are nose rings considered to be "trashy"?

I kind of want one, i told my guy friend and he flipped saying it was "trashy". I've been told id be cute with one, and i kind of like the look, but im not sure...

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a big fan of piercings in general, but the nose is (sort of) a weird exception for me.

Septum piercings, I think are sexy. But nostril studs just look silly to me, for some reason.

I probably associate them with things like bellybutton rings and tramp stamps. I don't find them attractive.

• I had my septum pierced once. Most painless piercing ever. The flipage came in handy too.

What Guys Said 14

• Nah, fuck people who judge people based on a metal ring. They're cool, I know plenty of classy babes who have them.

• I don't know if they are trashy but I don't like them. They look weird. Just stick with putting them on your ears.

• man forget him, I have my septum pierced and I think I look amazing!

Do what feels good FOR you girl!

• I don't find them trashy. Many women look good with a ring or small stud. Your body, if you want It go for it.

• no they're ok

• Genuinely lol'd at this comment.

A nose ring is the furthest thing from trashy.

What "Trash" comes down to is personality and mannerisms.

You can't judge someone by a piece of metal stuck through their nostril.

• At least to me they do. Even though I don't like ratings, a girl can go form a solid 9/10 to a 6/10 instantly from a nose ring. Seriously. Piercings like that just derail her looks, IMO.

• I think they can look sexy as hell on some women, but it depends if they are willing to go all the way for the look. Pick up smoking, wear rough, dark clothes, and it starts taking on an appeal. But if you wear school girl outfits with a nose ring sorry, that's not so hot.

• not necessarily. piercings in moderation though. i prefer the ring to the stud.

• it suits some girls and is really sexy

• Guess not. They are sexy

• No, they're not inherently trashy. Wouldn't date a girl with any, though.

• Lol are they're still considered a thing? shit that's so 2003

• it started becoming a trend in the 90s and it still excists in our days

• All piercing and tattoos are trashy. No matter where it is

What Girls Said 9

• Nope. Trashy boils down to your mannerisms surrounding your personality. I have a few piercing, double nostrils included and I've never had anyone treat me like I'm trashy because of them. Sure some people don't like them or piercings in general, but it all lies on your behaviour not a metal ring.

Here's a bad picture of mine: (Left hand side)
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=15qxez9&s=8

• I had when I was 15, I had 3 piercings now I have one. No, being trashy is related to your behaviour, your looks doesn't make you trashy. Maybe some people who do have some piercings behave in a way that they are considered trashy and I saw some people just want to imitate them by piercing. But when having your genuine behavior a piercing is just something that makes you look a bit different and sometimes cuter.

• Loads of girls have them. I'd hardly say it's trashy. Probably 1/3 the women/young women I know have them. Go for it!

• I have a nose ring and it definitely looks unprofessional but I have never had someone say it looks trashy lol.

• I like it i think its smexy lol i had one but my Senior chief wasn't having it :( i think it would look cute on you tho :)

• What kind of nose ring? Just a regular stud? I have a stud. I think little studs are cute on girls. Not trashy at all.

• I have one, and it does NOT look trashy..

• I don't think they're trashy. I love nose rings. They're definitely cute.

• 1|0