Do your sunglasses leave marks by your nose?

I've tried $5 sunglasses all the way up to $400 Chanel's and they always leave marks by my nose. Is it because the glasses don't fit my face? Or is this normal, does it happen to anyone else?

Most Helpful Guy

• its mostly likely because the sunglasses aren't fitting correctly on your face. I bought $450 Carbon Fiber Oakley's and they fit so well but that was after I went through like 4 different kinds of fitment.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep, even the expensive ones. It's most likely a matter of fitting, but I gave up trying to find ones that fit my nose. I just learned to live with it. Besides, those marks are only short-term.

What Guys Said 5

• It's like optical glasses. I've been wearing glasses since I'm 8 or 10.
    It depends on the right size and the weight of the glasses: not everyone has the same width of nose, the same distance between ears and nose. Larger glasses will be heavy. Compare the surfaces:
    www.conlons.co.uk/.../chanel_info_page_conlons.jpg
    pic.kaixin001.com/.../150291249897447.pjpeg
    img02.taobaocdn.com/.../...XcVpXXcMm4o5_055821.jpg

Mineral glass is a lot heavier than plastic. (and plastic attracts dirt because it's more electro static than mineral glass)

Try to get them fitted by a professional optician. Buy them there unbranded, rather than branded online or in a accessory shop or at Walmart.
    Or you can try adding silicone or rubber nose pads on them.

• Yes they do. I massage the area where the marks are left to even out the skin. It still takes a while though.

• my eyeglasses to that to me too. (Prescription eyeglasses - transitions - $500) I just put those guard on it.

• I think it's normal, even tho I don't wear sunglasses, I do wear regular glasses and the nose pads use to always leave a mark, they don't leave marks any more since I put little foam pads over my glasses plastic nose pads.

• They've always dive that to me. Marks in sides of head too. Less since I lost some fat. I don't think one can lose nose fat lol

What Girls Said 3

• They do, but only if I wear them for a really long time. I think that the heavier sunglasses tend to be the ones to leave the biggest marks. Try to find a pair that's lighter in weight. My sunglasses were like 10 euros from h&m, and they're super lightweight.

• It must be tight or you been wearing them for too long. I usually get marks when I wear my coolers more than a couple of hours. I haven't found one that fits me perfectly they either too loose or tight since I got a small face.

• Yea, they do. It sucks-.-