Do you like long hair on girls, and how long is "long"?

Just wondering.

At the moment my hair's past my hips, but I'm thinking about taking 5-6 inches off of it, so it'd go to about my waist/the middle of my back. I feel like it's way too long right now.

Most Helpful Guy

• I like long hair. I think it is impressive. And it is cool to me because I have short hair. It can be too long I guess though. I think the 6 inch trim is probably a good call. But its your impressive long hair. Do what you want with it!

What Guys Said 5

• I like long hair better than short hair. I tend to like a little passed shoulder length. Maybe around the bra strap, but that's where it starts to get really long.

Your hair sounds really long, but I don't think it'd bother me if it was really long. It just seems like hair that long would be really heavy and inconvenient.

• That sure is long. I prefer not to make your hair any shorter than down to your bra strap.

• I think hair looks good when it's right around your waist. Don't let it past your ass though. Lol that's too much.

• I like long hair that's past the hips or butt. Don't cut it.

• Yes I like it. The longer the better.

What Girls Said 2

• I can't really give an opinion from a guy's perspective since I'm, well, a girl, haha! But I really think attractive hair length depends on the person's face!
    I know girls that have hair that's your length, and it looks absolutely beautiful on them! But on other people, like myself, I looked positively AWFUL with longer hair - I have a very defined face, so shorter hair helps to accentuate those features and make me look more feminine! It all depends on face shape, and using hair length/style to flatter it!
    As for cutting your hair, I don't personally think it's too long, unless it's bothering you or getting in your way! if it' a nuisance, I say cut a little off like you're planning! I am always really amazed/impressed with girls who have really long hair - it takes dedication and time to get it there, man!

• I find long hair very attractive. When it's about 4-6 inches past your shoulder and you do things to it like maybe wavy curls or straighten it (: you can do different things with long hair like maybe dye the tips. Unless you don't want to damage it. I say you should leave it as it is just maybe trim the ends 😊