Do girls wear rings on her ring finger just because?

Curious I saw this girl who caught my eye and she seemed to be a little flirtatious but a quick glance at her hand showed a ring on her finger.. but she was moving too fast in order for me to tell if it was just for fashion, I say that because she looks a bit younger.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I tend to wear rings on both hands because I like the look of manicured hands with tasteful jewelry. However, I never wear anything on my ring finger. That's reserved for engagement and wedding rings.

If you are single and wearing a ring on your ring finger you might dissuade potential dates. It's just sending off the wrong message.

• So I'm better of flirting with her to see if she's taken or not?

• Just ask her. Worse case scenario, she says no. Best case scenario, you might get a date.

• in my case I normally don't get my hopes up

What Girls Said 5

• iv never done this. not on my left hand anyway. if iv done it, its just because the ring i loved happened to fit that finger lol.
    i usually wear rings on my middle and index fingers

• Possibly. Some girls just like to wear rings. Others maybe want to deter guys from approaching, so they wear a ring on the ring finger. I don't really understand it though, it's not something I ever did when I was single.

• Sure, sometimes we wear it just because we like it.
    Other times we wear a ring there so we don't get hit on.

• I mean this girl is nice looking but I can't figure her age but if I had to guess around 22-24 I did not stop by today maybe later this week sometimes and maybe she still might remember me

• Possibly... you never know nowadays.
      Best not to drag it on too much, or you'll never ask her out.

• That is true

• hahaha well sometimes my rings only fit on that finger ahha

• Yes totally normal, since i was a kid i only wear my rings on the "ring finger" Is well known to be "classy" for people to wear them only there. Rings on middle fingers are rude and on index are non practical and they also look awful... so yeah she's just a girl no diamond, no problem.

• who made all these ring rules up?

• like evrything in society we just carry them, or why were you shocked after the ring on the ring finger saaame thing dude!

• Lol sometimes I think it's too much to try and remember this stuff

What Guys Said 2

• From what i've read it seems that sometimes its worn up for the fun of it. That's misleading for us guys because, the decent ones, don't go hitting on or trying to start too much of a conversation with a lady/girl with a ring on her ring finger, just a matter of principle I guess.

If you don't want guys to talk to you or flirt with you then I guess thats one way of preventing it, but if your single looking for a guy, then it's definintely not the way to go

• Yeah not sure why they do that

• Yea mate, I didn't either. Thanks for asking this question bud, got a little bit of insight, cheers :)

• I know quite a few girls that wear a ring just cause they are tired of men approaching them.