Man in Jail, what should I do?

My man is in jail and I'm finding it hard to stay true, yet wouldn't be able to live without him, what should I do?

Well my boyfriend gets out in less than 2 weeks on good behavior. I've still been writing 2 him and am a little nervous because I haven't seen him in over a yr, Why am I feeling like I'm not good enough or He won't accept me now?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know that you posted this 8 months ago, but I figured that my advice couldn't hurt. Ignore all of the comments about how he is a bad person because he is in jail. That is total bs! Sometimes people get caught up into things that aren't so great. But that doesn't mean they are bad people.

if you are truly in love with him, stay with him. If it's because you aren't sexually satisfied, get a dildo, or something. I know it isn't as good as the real thing, but it's better than going out and cheating.

I hope everything worked out for you. Please give us an update and let us know what happened.

• You might love him, but the problem is more that instead of you bringing him up to your level of recovery, he might bring you back down. You need someone totally healthy in your life for a while or no man at all.

What Guys Said 2

• What about Conjugal visits.

• He's getting out on the 14th of this month! He has been gone 4 16 months and no conjugal because he was in provincial not federal!

• So your "boyfriend" is in jail, huh? Why would you want to continue to have a relationship with a jailbird? More importantly, why are you even entertaining the idea of having a relationship with me at all? Break it off, get back to school or finish it if you're in school and grow concerned about a boyfriend when yo have your act completely together. When you can take care of yourself as an independent person and NOT have to depend on others to take care of you, than you know you're ready to search for that mate in life who completes you in every way. Good luck!

• Harsh way to put it. But I definitely agree. You really need to find a female source of support. You can't recover completely alone. Find an older woman that has her stuff together. Someone easy to talk to that you respect. It will help so much more.

What Girls Said 6

• Now, whether you move on or not depends on what he did to get in there and how long he will be in there. Think about what kind of boyfriend he was when he was out as well. These are important factors. That is all I can tell you from what you asked.

• Damn girl, I would be mad as hell but I think you just need to move on unless you really love this boy.

• You could go visit him in jail and try your best to be true if you really wanna be with him.

• Well my boyfriend said you should get over it if you love him.

• Break up with him for good because if he is in jail then there is a good hint that he is not a great person and he will be good to you for a while and then he will go back to his old style and be mean to you again so I have to say break up with him.

• If you don't think you can remain faithful, you need to break it off, no matter how much it hurts you. Because cheating will hurt everyone worse than a break up. I know you said you wouldn't be able to live without him but if you say it's hard to be faithful you can't really love him as much as you say you do, because if you truly love somebody you won't even think about cheating.