What do you guys think of sweaty pits? Especially on a date?

So I have sweaty armpits and I tend to wear a lot of figure hugging tops because they look the most flattering on my body. After some time in the sun, or if I'm nervous, etc. my armpits start looking like this --> whatifoundtoday.com/.../sweatypits1.jpg (these are the kind of tops I wear). Anyway, I'm planning on going on a date with a guy and I don't want him to be turned off by my sweaty armpits, but I can't help it and I can't always wear sleeveless when with him :/ plus I have dark armpits
2.bp.blogspot.com/.../CIMG1493.JPG

What am I going to do? How big a deal is sweaty armpits? I think its even more embarrassing if I hug him or lean in to kiss him

Most Helpful Girl

• That's embarrassing but as long as he didn't smell bad its no big deal. I just wouldn't want that sweaty pit to touch my skin.

If you can't wear sleeveless wear loose flowy tops, tops made of synthtic fabrics that absorb sweat, wear dark colored shirts like brown, navy, violet, black or even a busy pattern, wear an under shirt (it will take a lot to sweat through 2 layers),

As for dark armpits, if you have tan or dark skin with black hair you're screwed. if you haven't already, make sure you're exfoliating and using organic deodorants do so because you might see some improvement. A dermatologist may also be able to help with dark armpits.

What Guys Said 3

• Uh their attention might be diverted away from your pits, I don't know if you're dancing not as bad. You can get perscription anti-antiperspirant, try some non like 'stress sweat' or just different kinds.

• It happens.

• It does, but to me it happens more often then not. My friends don't sweat like this :/

• Try using strong deodorant. I sweat really badly too and it helps. Sometimes I will go in the bathroom and wipe myself down with some wet paper towels too when I can and apply some extra axe spray.

• Deodorant only masks the smell but not the wetness.

• Not a big deal. Bring an extra shirt if it will make you feel better.

What Girls Said 3

• I understand what you're going through, I have the same problem! I have tried Drysol and other antiperspirants but I still sweat profusely. Anyways, I tend to wear darker colored tops (purples, blues, etc.) and, I too, like capped sleeve shirts. I also wear men's t-shirts, but that may not be appropriate for a date. You could try a sleeveless shirt under a thin cardigan, that works for me. Even a looser, flowy shirt would work, possibly an off-the-shoulder-shirt since those tend to be a bit baggier in the fit.

• Aw. Girl. :/ I totally understand you.
    Wear a black shirt and throw on some jewelry with it.
    Or if you have a flannel, throw that on , and you'll have no problem. :)
    Don't worry. I sweat underneath my armpits too and I have dark hair also. I hate it!

• Thanks for your response! but I'm going for a carnival, so I'm going to be out in the sun the whole day and possibly dancing wildly, so wearing black is just going to make me feel even more hot.

• Awww. I thought it was going to be some dinner date or something. Hahah!
      Forget the black then. But I'd just throw on a flannel and roll the sleeves up and wear high waisted shorts or something, but that's just me! :)

• Try a white shirt, that'll hide it a little better