Tanned skin or fair skin?

Summer time is here and many girls (guys too) all over the world are working on getting the perfect tan, but in some places (primarily in Asia i think) girls even go with umbrellas in the sun to avoid their skin to get even the slightest tan. So, my question is: What do you guys prefer? Tanned skin or fair skin?

• Tanned skin
  • Fair skin

Most Helpful Guy

• It all really depends. If it’s a natural outdoor girl tan or “that’s how she was born” tan, it can be attractive. I never found the intentional tans attractive because they seem very masculine. It is also bad for the skin to be exposed to the sun for prolonged periods of time. If you notice, lighter skin tends to be much softer than tan/darker skin. I don’t know the correlation between the two but it’s just something I’ve personality noticed in women. For the most part fair skin or light milky white skin adds a feminine aura to a girl. Women in general in any culture or race naturally tend to have lighter skin than men. That’s to do with the lower melanin in the skin of course, I don’t know why it’s like that though.

I find myself to be attracted to fair skin women a lot more than tan. I’m tan (naturally from being outside) so I guess opposites attract me. Tan skin on a guy seems a lot more masculine though. Whenever I see a white as fu** guy, I’m thinking he doesn’t do much stuff outdoors or isn’t into any hands on sort of activities and sits around the couch all day. Many women in my life have expressed that pale white guys just aren’t as attractive as naturally tan dudes. Something to do with having features stand out.

What Guys Said 7

• I didn't answer the poll because I think both are attractive. (:

• Tanning is bad for your skin on the long term and I always found the whiter the more attractive, I have no idea why. But as such, I don't tan, and I don't really like tan, so fair skin it is.

• I never really liked tanned skin on girls, I'd take fairer skin any day.

• Depends on the girl. I like surfer girl tans, natural, and with sun bleached hair. But I hate fake tans and spray tans.

• We are naturally tanned people and wish to have fair skin but look at the irony , you people wanna have tan skin. lol

• I like both, maybe fair a little more.

• Fair skin is much nicer

What Girls Said 3

• Natural skin.

• I was born "tan" ahahaha. Anyways, I really like the color of my skin. It's like a caramel frap. :D I try not to get darker though, I don't like huge differences in color between my arms/face and my chest or whatever.

• Tan skin whoop whoop :)