Guys, a push-up bras fake?

I'm a 34C or D, which unless I have a very distorted vision of myself, really isn't as big as you'd think. I'm overall pretty happy with my breast size for being 17, but I often wear push-up bras. Not an add 2 cup sizes one, but probably a cup. I am happy with my size when I do this, but is it fake? It's not huge disrepresentation of my body since I have naturally perky boobs, but still... I sometimes fear it's fake.

• Yes, it's fake
  • No, it's not fake

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont really care what girls do, i mean people can call it fake but so is any other inhabcement to improve their looks in a way. If you use make up, a filter, slimming tight cloths under your clothes, self tanners i guess can be considered "fake" because its not the true you. I dont care about that though, if it makes you look good and confident im happy for you

• You do make a good point. And 99% of girls wear make up.

What Guys Said 8

• well when I used to see push up bras during high school my friends and I would call them cheaters :D in a joking way of course, this was amongst friends so the girls knew it to be joking hahaa :D but I mean okay technically if it does make a difference in size then it is fake but in reality if it is hardly even noticeable then who cares?:P hahaa :D

• If I were to take it off, and a guy saw naked vs bra on I don't think the difference would be that noticeable. But when I put a shirt on and push up vs regular there is some of a difference. Ok that didn't make any sense.

• its okay it totally made me laugh! you were so typing in the moment xD bahahaa! <3

• Haha yeah that obvious? Lmao

• I take no issues with them.

• I can assure you most guys won't be able to tell the difference during copulation, or even when you're in a swimsuit. You should be fine.

• The difference isn't huge. I was just wondering :)

• A push-up bra just shows off what you have. It's no different than makeup or nice clothes to me.

• no not at all. now if you were wearing 3 bombshells then thats something different

• Lol no. I own one bombshell, and it's too much for me. I don't ever wear it

• then thats perfectly fine. dont worry bout it

• Haha thanks :)

• It's not cheating to want to make your chest look nicer to get some attention.

• more fake than a bad wig

• Yep, false advertisement

• "Advertisement"' for what? May be she just wants to feel confident or feel good in what she wears.

• So what's a small D compared to a large D?

• Well, like do you swim in a D a little (but a C would still be too small) or do you spill out a little (but a DD would still be too big)? It's not a dramatic difference, but different band sizes for a D mean different size boobs, too.

What Girls Said 10

• I wear them if I wear a low cut shirt just so my boobs are pushed together. With a normal bra I think it looks weird if my boobs are far apart

• Mine aren't far apart in a normal bra. I actually don't have a gap between my boobs at all. One swoops into the other lol But push ups still give me lift and support.

• Haha I would so rather have had that! I got horrible stretch marks during puberty so I covered up all the time. Now they're gone but when I take my bra off you can see them again
      I guess that's what I get for being a twig and getting b cups D:

• I'm a little jealous of skinny girls lol I'm of average weight, but I have "curves" so if I dress in some clothes I look fat :P

• I call them false advertisement but dude I don't even care If I'm looking the mirror like yup I look awesome then that's all that matters haha. Looks real good enough for me! Haha my bf knows what's real and he's fine with it. Boobs are so overrated butts are where it's at anyways.

• Well, I have both so we good ;D lol

• "boobs are so overrated butts are where it's at anyways." xD!!! ghahahahaa! d00d can i quote you on that? :D

• I don't judge other girls for doing it, but I don't feel comfortable wearing push up bras. Not only does it make me feel like I'm lying, I also know I'll probably get attention from strangers when I go out if my boobs look exaggerated, and that thought makes me uncomfortable. Getting attention from guys I don't know that is clearly directed at my appearance makes me nervous.

• Really? In a relationship, I'd want personality to be front and center, of course. But getting checked out in public boosts my self esteem.

• Getting complimented for looking nice and classy in public can boost my self esteem, yes. If my boobs look exaggerated or I'm looking loaded on cleavage I'll more likely be getting cat calls or being honked at as I walk down the street. I don't like that at all. Like I said, makes me feel uncomfortable and nervous.

• Depends on how it's done. Like if I look hot but still classy at the same time, I love that, but I agree, showing too much makes me very uncomfortable

• I don't think it's fake cause I wear push up bras as well and they really don't make your boobs look THAT much bigger. But at the same time I also sometimes don't wear a bra around my bf (i wear a tope with the built in kind) so he already knows I have small boobs and still likes them so that's another reason I don't think it's fake lol

• Haha well it's his opinion and yours that matter ;)

• I'm a girl, but anyways, I wear padded/push ups because they're comfortable, and they're also helpful because I'm a 32aa. I don't wear them for appearance though, I just hate regular bras because they're so thin and uncomfortable.

• I agree! No support :P I also hate strapless lol

• I'm a 34DD and I don't own any push up bras lmfao but I'm pretty content with my breast size so I don't think I need it.

• I would prefer push up bras cuz I'm a 34DD and I would rather have some support then them sagging. I wouldn't want saggy breast. Lol

• Haha well by the time I'm done growing I might be there ;D

• No guy is going to look at you and think "hmmm, she looks like she's between a 34 C or D!"
    So if you wear a push up that makes you a larger D, no one will realize that there's much of a difference.
    Think of it this way: do you have one shirt that your boobs look really good in? That's not "fake," that's just a shirt that shows off your boobs.
    Regular bras are designed to hold your boobs up and in place. So your boobs are going to look different once you take that bra off, even if it was a regular bra. So might as well wear the push up. If it's just a slight push up and not adding 2 cup sizes, I promise that no one will know the difference :)

• Thanks :) Yeah, my biggest push up adds a cup, but I've gone and worn a lightly lined one the day after, and no one seemed to notice. Well, not that they'd say anything but still. I do what I can to flatter my boobs and butt lol

• i'm a 34A so you're at least bigger than me :P haha

and yeah I don't think they're "fake"

• Hey I'm sure your size is just fine :) and thanks

• My guy picked up one of my push-up bras once and kept squishing it and didn't understand what it did lol. I told him it was to make them look better/perkier when I wear lower shirts (I have small boobs) and all he said was "Ok... as long as you're not stuffing your bra with tissues because that's weird"

• Lol that's a way to look at it xD