I've gotten invited to my first highschool party, what should I wear?

Hey :) umm well I guess the title pretty much says it all. I'm going into grade 10 in September and I actually just got invited to a party. I think I'm gonna go, but I'm not really sure what to wear. If you could give me some ideas or maybe link some photos of some cute outfits and shoes. (nothing too crazy please) Also, while you're at it if you could give me some basic advice about some typical parties that would be great!! Thanks in advance :)

Most Helpful Girl

• definitely wear something you're comfortable in. if you're going to be drinking, wear something you wouldn't mind passing out in haha. i suggest shorts and a cute tank top. like a flowy one. maybe with a long necklace and some sandals or sneakers like vans or converse. whichever you're more comfortable in. don't let people pressure you into something you really don't wanna do. but let loose and have some fun. socialize, meet new people, make memories. it'll be a blast. just don't get too crazy. have fun, girl!

• Thanks so much :) I'm not going to drink though, buzzkill I know

• hahaha nah, its totally up to you. good for you for making a decision on your own and not drinking. :-) you'll have fun either way. you're welcome

What Guys Said 4

• You're going into 10th grade and it's your first party? How is that even possible lol.

Anyways, all the popular girls are going to be wearing form-fitting, short dresses (I know from experience) and high-heels or wedges. If you want the boys to notice you, I advise you do the same. However, the most important thing is to make sure you don't feel awkward in what you're wearing. If you feel uncomfortable, it will show, and it won't look good. Make sure to have fun and socialize. Oh, and don't do drugs.

• Omg it actually is my first party, my parents are sooo overprotective like you don't even get it. I'll smoke some weed to piss them off, get drunk and get laid, it'll be a blast. thanks though

• I'm 16, I personally don't smoke, but I know plenty of people who do. It's not like they have an addiction or anything, they just do it during big parties, no more than 5 times a year. When you smoke weed sparingly, it isn't really that bad. And if you were just kidding, I still insist you try to get laid. Best thing ever.

• Maybe, I'll take what you said into consideration. I might even let you know the outcomes of the party haha

• Its just a party wear like yoga pants or tight jeans or short shorts that what i typically see at parties. Slutty clothing.

• wow, thanks for the great advice

• I'd say something like this maybe. Sorry I'm not one for giving party advice though. www.lulus.com/.../91650.html

• Never wear something you're not comfortable with... basically, if you're invited they like what you already wear (especially if it's not a formal party). Also, parties, I'm guessing it's a house party... depends on the people going but can often get pretty out of hand. The ones I used to go to, got way out of hand because of alcohol

• Thanks!! I'll keep that in mind :)

What Girls Said 3

• If it was like your first formal dance in high school or something I could see actually putting some real thought into what you're gonna wear. But for a party at someone's house I would not stress at all hun, just dress the way you normally do. I mean obviously you're gonna wanna look cute, but I'm guessing you do that most of the time anyway.

I would prolly have to say don't get all dolled up, you're gonna feel silly if you're overdressed compared to everyone else. There's most likely gonna be a drinking going on, just have fun. You don't wanna overdo it. Just wear something comfortable that you know you look good in. Cute top, shorts r skirt, or maybe a dress depending on your style. Some flats or sneakers

• Thanks for the advice :)

• Just have fun! My friends and I used to have a great time getting dressed up for high school parties (and we still occasionally have fun gettin ready to go out to the clubs n all lol). If you're trying to meet guys, you want them to like you for who you are, so just wear what makes you feel good about yourself! Wear what makes you happy, that's what it should be about

• SOMETHING COMFY. Cannot stress that enough. Like jeans and a cute tank, or a sweatshirt with shorts a sneakers. Don't over think it because there's nothing worse than being overdressed and/or uncomfortable.

• Whats the theme?

• It's suppposed to be a casual party

• Mini skirt and blouse