Can you wear summer fragrances in winter?

Is it ok to wear fresh summer fragrances in the colder months? I'm thinking of Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca. It's minty and has a wonderful herbal freshness. I'm just wondering if it's too light for winter. If anyone can speak about this particular fragrance, that would be great. Otherwise, just comments on the general question would be appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are both winter and summer herbals. But it's a guideline more than anything else. For myself I love "The Scent of Peace for Men" by Bond St. No.9. It's technically a winter fragrance but it's one of those that I wear year round.

The idea is that in summer you want something less "heavy" i. e. "musky" or "woody" scents, which just means things like sandalwood or patchouli, or things we associate with the fall or winter like cinnamon, amber or vanilla.

Summer scents are typically things you would find in bloom in spring or summer, fruit or floral scents like peony, pear, melon, rose, jasmine, and such.

It even gets broken down into day and evening with lighter scents being recommended for the day and heavier scents for evening.

The bottom line though is wear those scents you like and that people compliment you on when wearing them. If it smells nice on you then no one is likely to complain you're wearing a summer scent in the winter and vice versa. (:

What Guys Said 3

• I envy your problems :)

• No you can't summer fragrances varnishes in thin air during the winter... of cause you can.

• I like a winter fragrance that smells like Christmas trees.

What Girls Said 2

• Of course. Fragrance all depends on your skins reaction to it. It'll most likely smell differently on you in winter than it would do on someone else. You won't know unless you try it. But saying that fresh scents like flora and mint tend to smell more suitable for warmer weather.

• There's no rule against it.