How to convince your mom that a dress is cheap?

This is one of my everyday problems! I go shopping, fall in love with a dress/shirt etc. and then my mom says it's too expensive and leaves the store. What do I do now?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well. It really depends on the situation.

you're under 18, so I think its reasonable that your parents should keep you clothed, and I think you make a reasonable request by asking for clothing, unless:

A) You are actually picking expensive clothing. ex: shirts over 20 bucks, dresses over 30 bucks.

B) Your parents are poor. You can't expect them to buy you shit all the time then.

C) You already have a fuck ton of clothing. Enough said.

D) The clothing you're looking at is slutty, and your mother won't buy it because she doesn't like it. She'll feel this is her job as a parent to keep you from looking like a whore.

So.. if you want clothing and fit into an above category, then get a job. Then buy your clothing.

If you don't fit into those categories, maybe ask less often and ask nicer, do more chores around the house, or point out how the shirt you want is ONLY 20 when those shirts over there are 37.

What Guys Said 5

• Get a job and pay for it yourself.

There is no way of getting her to change her mind.

• lol true. but they are over protective over me and don't even leave me alone to the store 15 meter away from home! how do I get a job now? :(

• Tell them before hand you want to get a job. That should show a level of maturity and hopefully give you some freedom.

• Get a job so you'll learn to appreciate money and what it takes to get it.

• I always get my parents to do IOUs. I am always buying tech so occasionally i need a little cash boost from the parents.

I then pay the IOU by pooling out of my own monthly allowance :L

• if your mom doesn´t want to spend the money, she doesn´t care if it´s expensive or not xD it´s about not wanting to spend the money.

• Get a jobbbbbbb

What Girls Said 6

• Get a job and/or save your money and buy things for yourself. You can't always rely on her to buy things for you. In my experience, my mom was always willing to buy me and my siblings necessary clothing and shoes. Anything that she didn't think we needed, if we wanted it we had to buy it ourselves.

• Get a job?

• You can find plenty of super cute dresses for low prices. Forever21 and Burlington are the first stores that come to my mind, but I don't know if you have those stores in your country.

The sky doesn't rain money and it's your mom's money, anyway, so she can decide how much she is and is not willing to spend on you. Just be reasonable and look for sales. And get a job.

• do something good so she buys it for you

• get some coupons

• its her money
    do you get an allowance? can you make money by doing chores around the house?