Why do "gamer girls" all have their hair dyed different colors?

I've noticed a trend, a pattern, a common theme, et cetera. Over the past few years over the internet, a thing called the "gamer girl" emerged, and long story short became heavily commercialized and such.

Anyways, most of these gamer girls all have one thing in common: dyed hair. We aren't just stalking normal dyes either (brunette to blond, vise versa). We're talking about weird technicolor styles. By far the most common color is red. However, blue, green, purple, and sometimes mixes of colors and/or natural hair are not unusual to see. This is so common place, it seems like gamer girls without dyed hair are the exception to the rule.

My question is, why? Does being a gamer girl somehow cause a woman to dye her hair, or do women who dye their hair already enjoy video games? I'm confused to be honest.

I can see why dying hair could be useful to "gamer GURLS ", which are women (usually attractive) that play video games for the sole purpose of attracting men for attention, they really don't even care about video games all that much (think Ms. Heart Attack or SSSniperWolf). If they dye their hair, they (should) be more unique and be seen as "cool" for doing it, which in turn would get them more attention.

But what about regular girl gamers? What prerogative do they have to dye their hair? The attention seekers have a purpose, but regular ones do not. Yet most of them still do it. The only reason then is for them to be apart of the "fad" or because it is an ingrained behavior.

Is there something I'm missing out on here? What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never noticed that and I know some girls who enjoy playing video games -including myself. I don't see the connection though. If you are talking about the self-proclaimed "I AM A GUMER GURL, OMG I LUV NERDS, LET ME TAKE A SELFIE" who have only played shitville or super mario, then it's obvious. They are only doing it for attention and they feel the need to appear "original".
    I've also seen plenty of girls who dye their hair blue, silver purple or whatever only because they liked the color on them, not because they are "gamer girls".

What Girls Said 7

• Well... they all play games all the time, they see all these colorful female characters with crazy hairdos, and they get sucked in. Who wouldn't want a crazy hair color for ad least a while? Right? Hahaha I mean, I know I would. I'm not a gamer girl, but I do play PC games from time to time...

• In video games people tend to enjoy the fact that it's virtual. Therefore, they can be who ever they want to be. So, when it's time to choose how their character looks. You'll see them adjusting their eyes to a lighter shade than what theirs is. The body type won't be in any form identical to them. Hair color and length are not similar to how it actually appears.

• I've never done that and none of the gamer girls I know have either.

• to look like their game characters maybe

• That's new to me.
    What has you haircolour to do with gaming

• I think some girls just do it for a vibrant change rather than sticking to normal colors. I'm a huge gamer, but I stick to my normal hair roots. I don't feel like it's a cry for attention to dye their hair a vibrant color, I think it's just their preference and wanting to try something more bold. I've noticed a lot of girls do it rather than just gamers. I have a friend who will dye her hair pink, bold red, teal, etc and she doesn't even play games.

• Thats just for more attention

What Guys Said 1

• Probably someone who was just bored with their hair color. Most of the gamers I know stick to their natural hair color, or at the most get highlights.