If a guy told you to cover up, how would you feel?

He tells you to cover up because he feels weird about looking at you like that (for whatever reason it is). How do you feel about this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would probably feel pretty irritated - usually I don't wear a lot of revealing clothes but when I do it's in the summer and because it's too hot and not like I'm flaunting anything when I do wear those clothes. It's kind of a double standard - guys can wear what they want, walk outside without a shirt on but if I wear something that shows a little cleavage and my stomach it's not okay at all. I just think that a guy shouldn't feel uncomfortable if I'm wearing revealing clothes because I have a right to be comfortable in what I'm wearing - I get they might be saying it out of love but I wouldn't like being told what to wear.

What Girls Said 8

• I hate when my boyfriend pulls my my shirt down to cover my stomach back up and things like that. It feels super controlling and it makes me feel like he doesn't find me attractive, which I know he does.

• Why?

• I'm just sayin' if she's getting so drunk that she can't even say no... she did it to herself... she should have known better

• The rapist shouldn't rape. While I wouldn't wish rape anyone, I'd really love to see you defend that position if you had gotten drunk and raped.

• It makes me feel like my partner is ashamed of my body or like their trying to control me

• Why?

• It's her job though... to model that stuff, but do you think she actually wants to be in it?

• We'll like she wouldn't be working or anything like if she was out about on day to day no one would like look disapprovingly at her body

• Do you mean boobs cleavage?

• A little annoyed because my outfits are pretty modest and also awkward

• I don't think I'd be offended. Then again, I've never gone around flaunting everything either.

• Depends on how he says it. If he's being caring then i wouldn't be mad but if he's being a dick about it then i would tell him to fuck off and wear something shorter.

• So what would be a good way to go about it, and what would be a bad way?

• I think he should be allowed to say what he wants, just like you get to do and say what you want. free country, right? And yes, I do think you should take what he says in to consideration, maybe he's doing it for your benefit, you don't know that

• I never said he couldnt. You asked how would we feel and thats how i feel. I never said dont take his advice. Like i said if u look like a hooker you need to change. But as a woman im going to dress how i please regardless of what a man has to say. Thats just me.

• well coming from a somewhat traditional country, girls usually dont wear stuff too short. So when someone does wear something too short, and the guy says to cover up, it doesn't feel as offensive since in that culture, girls have to be a certain way just as guys have to be a certain way.

• So the girl is trying to get away with something she's not supposed to be doing... and got caught?

• Oh, it exists, it's just, it's got its drawbacks. You can't libel or slander anyone

• perhaps for some people. But descrimination is common in many areas of the world espacially because of everything that has happened like war crimes. my friends are limited to certain things because of the very fact that they come from a certain country. I personally haven't expreienced that so for me, freedom has been braught up to me. but my friends live in the same coutry as me and freedom is just out of their reach while still far away

• I'd think he was controlling. If he was my bf, I'd dump him. If it was a random guy, I wouldn't even acknowledge what he said, I'd just ignore him.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd imagine she'd be offended and assume that you hate her body.

• Girlfriend, friend, random girl in class you find bleh?