What is the best type of shoe to wear with a nice pair of jeans and a t-shirt? Not just any raggedy shirt, but a nice shirt?

I am going to a concert this weekend and I am wearing jeans and a really nice t-shirt that is about as formal as you can get for a t-shirt. What kind of shoes should I wear? I was thinking dress shoes might be too formal, but I usually wear sandals because I live at the beach, but I think they might not be good for this occasion. What would you wear/recommend?

Also, can you wear a navy blue shirt with lighter colored jeans? Not sure if that would work or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Vans, converse...

• That might work!!

• Also, would a dark navy blue shirt work with light colored jeans?

• Sure, sounds good. =)

What Girls Said 7

• depends on the denim cut. is it loose or tighter from the bottom?

• Looser. I am not a tight jeans guy!! I played three sports so I have an athletic build. Couldn't even think of getting my hockey player legs into skinny jeans!!

• haha well thats good=]
      id say a good pair of vans or nice kicks would look great. nike, adidas and puma always look great on athletic men:) I'm not a huge fan of converse, I don't know y.

• It depends on the dress shoe. A good lace up can always bring together an outfit. A pair of converse personally always goes good with a casual look.

Personally, I've never like sandals on a guy. Feet are weird.

• It's a pair of black or brown oxfords depending on the color shirt I decide to wear. They just seem too dressy to me. I was just looking at a pair a Sperry topsider loafers that are canvas. Really like them!!

• Yeah, dress up as if you were going to a nice night club.

• I know most of the guys are wearing nice t-shirts and jeans, so I'm going to do the same, I just want to make sure it's nice and not sloppy. We aren't wearing button downs or anything, so I was thinking a nice pair of canvas boat shoes would do the trick. I could probably wear the oxfords too. I'll have to see what I can find. Two days away.

• sneakers maybe

• Vans👏👏👏👏

• Boat shoes aka Sperry's

• Adidas Adidas I love them I have a pair myself there awesome.

• leather loafers.

What Guys Said 4

• What type of concert?

I don't care how formal the damn t-shirt is, t-shirt and oxfords would look odd.

You could wear bucks, given its summer.

• That's what I was thinking. You can pull it off with a polo or button down, but t-shirt, not so much. I'm just not super fashion savvy, hence why I asked the question! I'm leaning towards getting a pair of canvas boat shoes.

• Nike Stefan Janoskis. They look dressy in my opinion if you get them in a color that's not flashy.

• Brown leather ankle boots.

• Boat shoes, chuck taylors

• When you say boat shoes do you mean loafers? Chuck taylors are not my thing.