Why do women paint their fingernails and toenails?

I do notice that women paint their fingernails and toenails and was just wondering why.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it's hard to explain. We like to take care of every part of our body. And painting is a part of it. And it looks cute.

What Girls Said 10

• just to spice up our looks

• I know, right? Why do we spend hundreds of dollars each year to have our dead compressed skin cells cut, shaped, trimmed, styled, colored, and painted?

• It makes us feel confident that another part of us can look beautiful. But with toes its so guys don't notice are feet all us girls have ugly feet. Oh and u should always compliment us on are nails it makes us feel happy

• You clearly haven known a guy with foot fetish then, some think women feet are best ever.

• Yeah I've heard of it but I don't know why

• Cuz its purdy :) But it also reflects your personality and how well you take care of yourself.

• because, YOU NOTICE

• what if I don't?

• then ull be the only guy who doesn't notices nailpolishes, still this won't stop us from applying nailpolishes

• Because it looks pretty

• because it's pretty and i like pretty things ^.^ especially if they're shiny

• Cause its cute & fun c:

• Cause it's pretty :)

• Because it looks pretty.

What Guys Said 1

• Because they can.
    And think it looks good.
    So they feel good about it.
    Also because they were told they're "pretty" when they did.
    Their mother probably also supported using paint on their nails too.

I don't really see a purpose behind it because mono-color just ruins the color balance, and the only thing that can redeem that is artistic value.