Looking for tips from girls on how to improve my appearance?

okay so I am 21 and I have never had a date or girlfriend etc. I never receive any compliments or attention from the opposite sex. The only people that call me cute or handsome are my family members, but I feel like they are just being nice.

This is me: http://imgur.com/a/71Jc9

I have posted in something called a "rate thread" before where people rate each other's attractiveness on a scale of 1-10 and I received pretty negative feedback from the girls. People say that I look gay or really young, and while I don't think that I am conventionally ugly, I feel like girls still find me unattractive or unnoticable, like I'm the kind of guy that girls don't really want. Is there any way that I can look a bit better and more attractive? Taking any and all advice and tips for improvement. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are very cute... in fact you look just like a young Keanu Reeves (a movie star) and maybe Justin Long... hmmmmmm.. You shouldn't take pictures with a pale face against a pasty green wall and not smile. It makes look sad when you don't even smile or have any color in your skin. If that is how you want to project yourself, then nobody will want to date you because they will think it would be a sad sullen time. And let's face it girls want guys who smile and joke have interests and have fun. Not sullen contstantly asking about themselves. I've seen you on here many times. If you spent as much time outslide, having fun or helping others you'd be a much more well rounded person instead of hiding out in your room asking for advise. You will never ever get anywhere doing this I promise you, so please stop. As a girl, I would go out with you in a second for the looks department but your constant asking and desperation creeps me out. Do you have any interests. You should like join the gym or a hiking or ski club or something like that. Get a job working around people you can have fun with or go to college. You look young and adorable.. there's a girl for you, but you have to fix your mental problems first. That's my honest advise. Life is too short to keep asking the same things over and over again from your room. :)

• Thank you for the advice. I promise you that I will not ask this question, or any question about my appearance on here anymore. I assure you that I am not a creep. I just have ocd and tend to obsess over my appearance in an unhealthy way ever since a lot of other girls called me ugly. I struggle with self-doubt all of the time which is why I ask this a lot. I really do appreciate all of the nice responses. I don't want anybody to think of me as a narcissist or some weirdo that only cares about himself. Insecurity just gets the best of me.

What Girls Said 8

• You aren't ugly, you're cute and that is very attractive to some girls, I find my fiance unbelievably cute and it drives me insane cos I love it haha :) those girls who called you ugly are clearly shallow minded and childish who want all guys to look like Channing Tatum or Brad Pitt! You shouldn't change your looks because of what those girls said. They're idiots and not the right kind of girls for you! There's a girl out there for every guy and you'll find the girl for you :) work on being more confident in yourself and that will make all the difference. I hope you find a nice girl who will make you feel good about yourself :)

• Thank you for the compliment. And at the time, I was really freaked out because the girls rating me so low weren't even like that. They were finding the majority of the guys attractive, even the one's that looked more young and femminine than masculine. If they were only liking the rugged guys as opposed to everyone else as well, I would have wrote them off as shallow or just not into me as well. That is pretty much why I was so concerned, I literally felt like something was physically wrong with me.

• No worries :) well you shouldn't believe everything you see on the Internet you don't need to change yourself for them just be you and you'll find someone worth while :)

• You're pretty handsome, so I can't really come up with any ways to improve your appearance.
    I'm 27 years old, so yes, you look very young FOR ME, but you look perfectly fine for your age. If you haven't been lucky with the ladies, that's maybe due to other factors. I don't know you or the girls you interact with, so I have no idea what it could be..

• Well thank you for the feedback. I feel a lot better now. Hmm, if it's not my looks, I really don't know what it could be.

• Maybe you're letting your insecurity show.. Personally, there's more chances I go out with an average looking guy who's self confident and cheerful than with a very handsome guy who shows a lot of insecurity. Don't get me wrong: everyone is insecure, but we need to accept who we are and try to leave fears at home.. I speak from experience. Again, you're good looking, if you have a nice attitude you're all set. Keep in mind that not every nice, good looking person is in a relationship, it's not how it works. You're crazy young, it'll happen for you eventually.

• Well what's your personality like?

Typical/universal improvement tips are:
    - Physical activity (I don't mean going to the gym, I mean making sure you're doing done sort of physical activity or exercise at least 30 mins a day)
    - Drink water
    - Fiber!!! Eat your fruits and veggies (raw)!! If you notice people who've been juicing and getting their right amount of fiber, how they seem to practically glow.

• I'm a healthy eater! I also get plenty of exercise in my hobbies and my job as well. My job is a workout in itself, haha. I would say that my personality is pretty interesting and I tend to make friends really easily. I am a bit shy, however. I still wouldn't say that I am boring or lame.

• Well then that's pretty good for you. I honestly need to get on top of my own game. I'm a health addict myself, but recently I've been slacking unfortunately =/.
      You sound pretty cool but I'm going to be honest; you're also rather pretty. Like so pretty you're rather ugly. Haha! Jk jk jk I'm just kidding; you really don't need to worry :D you're good looking.
      What sort of job you do that requires a workout? (I might get one of those soon :p)

• I don't think your ugly, by far :) your boyish (yeah cute but in a very positive way ;) ). Improving your appearance hmm...
    I would say grow your hair out a bit more ( like this perhaps www.google.be/search ) (there are only a select group of guys that can really rock short hair), make sure you don't stink :p but not overly cologne or shit either. Wear simple but stylish clothes.

• You're not ugly at all! Don't really know what you can do to improve yourself, maybe you should try to grow a beard?

• Thank you. I've actually tried growing out a beard, lol. I can't do it for the life of me. The best i get is a bit of patchy stubble.

• as i said last time you asked this ( lolz ) you're not ugly in the least. i'd say you're at least an 8, so chin up buttercup!

• you are actually really good looking, you have the whole drummer vibe going onlol

• People should care about your personality more than your looks. Come one people exterior shouldn't matter. The connection you have with someone shouldn't be based about image it should be based apps a deep rotted connection you have with that person. Honestly looks only get you so far in life the other percent or it is personality how smart you are and loy/loving you are.

What Guys Said 2

• im not a girl but honestly all I think you need is a haircut and get it styled.

• Stop asking this. This is all you do

• It's so annoying.

• I don't get what he's trying to accomplish from asking this a million times

• This isn't all I do with my life by any means, haha. UI am well aware that I ask this question pretty often. I have severe insecurity ever since a lot of girls on another website called me ugly. It's my fault for ever posting there, though. I'm just trying to get constructive feedback, I guess..